Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: SW destroyed my bag

Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:20 AM

Destroying luggage
We (My wife and I ) were flying 15-09 from san Diego to san Francisco.
On arrival her bag (Rimowa Classic L) was completely destroyed (See photo attached) + 2 polos,
Then started a long discussion what to do ( first they wanted to wtap the bag. second option repair - look at the picture). At the end they gave us another nylon bag.
then came the discussion about the price of the bag.
The representative who was clearly not used to Rimowa bags, took the wrong bag from the Rimowa website and threw in 20$ (?) per polo.
As we were under timepressure (flight to Europe was waiting) we accepted a check (I even think that they were so slow in order to create the time pressure(.
I consulted my bank (I did not cash in the check). Cashing will cost money.
Total difference between what was offered en reality is 250-300$. On arrival in Europe In sent all the info (pictures, pricetag of the bag in Europe, price of the bag in the US. cost of cashing in the check).
Today I got an answer from SouthWest . They are giving me politely the big middlefinger (the trust on the fact that the difference is not big enough to start a court case).
Shame on them.
If somebody knows a solution I would be glad to hear
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Schade1.jpg (157 Bytes, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook