Reservations
COMPLAINT: Etihad does not accept maiden name changed with married name

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:34 PM
florin.luca florin.luca is offline

Join Date: Oct 2014

Dear Cazzi B,
If you are still working for Etihad, please help me with the situation below.
We have to go to our honeymoon on October 27 and Etihad told us to buy another ticket because the already issued ticket is on the maiden name of my wife and now she has a new passport on the married name.
They said it is impossible to change the surname on the already issued ticket, although I read on this website about many similar situations that were solved with a reasonable fee for the surname modification.
We are really disappointed by this situation. It is the first time we fly with Etihad but for sure we will remember this very bad experience for the rest of our lives! And we will avoid this company for the rest of our lives!

This is the perfect example of how an administrative error, that I assume it was ours, can ruin your honeymoon and the airline company does not give a penny on their customers. They simply don't do anything to help you!

Florin

Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:35 AM
Etihad Representative Etihad Representative is offline
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Hi there Florin,

We have replied to your Facebook post, our Global contact centre will call you to discuss this with you. Thank you for your patience.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:49 AM

Why is this such a problem for this airline or is it just the customers of this airline that can't figure out how to book a correct name??? It is amazing the number of issues.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:23 AM
florin.luca florin.luca is offline

Join Date: Oct 2014

Yes, Etihad, you replied on facebook telling me the same thing your call center agents already told me.
YOU TOLD ME YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME OR HOW HARD WAS IT FOR ME TO AFFORD THESE TICKETS FOR OUR HONEYMOON AND I NEED TO PAY ANOTHER TICKET.
For me, this means robbery!

At first I sent you a private message on this website and you didn't answer. Now, when I sent it public, you responded very quickly with a general answer. Please reply that you don't care about your customers or have the surname changed.
I will keep this community informed with the result, in order everyone to know how Etihad is treating its customers.
And also I will tell my story on every website I can find in order the whole world to know that there is an airline company, Etihad, which does not act in their customers interests as other airline companies do!
I have 15 to 20 flights per year and I never experienced such a horror situation! And this is the first time I fly with Etihad.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:37 PM
Etihad Representative Etihad Representative is offline
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Dear Florin,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. As mentioned by our call center, unfortunately we are unable to assist with changing the name on your booking due to the fact that your reservation has flights with other carriers on code share flights.

Our team has updated a check-in remark on your booking with the correct name, however this cannot guarantee you will not face any issues with boarding on code share flights. Hence we suggested you make a new booking to avoid any issues at the airport.

Please feel free to let us know if we can assist with anything else. *MS

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Smart way to make more money out of problems made by ETIHAD! Etihad is rocking! Tatjana Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Sep 28, 2012 9:17 AM
Check-in / Boarding Surname change on non refundable, Ticket in Maiden name, Passport in Married name!?! lucymason Check-in / Boarding 0 Aug 18, 2011 11:20 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Never Accept US Airways Vouchers MAAF Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 13 Oct 26, 2009 9:23 PM
Got married / changed named / got screwed JennaD44444 SkyMiles Complaints 2 Aug 28, 2009 2:10 AM
Customer Service Delta refuses to accept return of sky miles, flt 338 Jan 16, 09 thomas thompson Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Mar 10, 2009 4:55 PM