Experienced problems during check-in or boarding?

Surname change on non refundable, Ticket in Maiden name, Passport in Married name!?!

Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
lucymason lucymason is offline

Join Date: Aug 2011

Hi

I have recently got married since booking my flight to NY so my passport is now in my married name and the ticket is in my maiden name.

Continental wonít change the flight name and said I have to chance it on the day of check in to see if they will allow me to travel with my marriage certificate and passport.

They told me previously if I went to Heathrow Terminal 4 in person they would change it, which I did last Fri but they refused to amend it saying it was Expediaís ticket (despite Expedia telling me to go to Continentals desk at airport).

Obviously I need to know if I can fly before I pay for hotels etc. We have already paid for my husbandís ticket so could lose that money too.

Do you have any advise please?!

Lucy

Reservations Surname change on Etihad non- refundable ticket leanne75 Etihad Airways Complaints 19 Oct 30, 2014 8:49 PM
Customer Service Continental Refused to Refund a Fully Refundable Ticket mquamar Customer Service 10 May 9, 2010 9:04 PM
Customer Service Robbed In Brasil And Had To Pay $440 To Change My Ticket To Go Back Home With No $$$ DELTASKYMILESMEMBER Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Feb 23, 2010 3:21 AM
Reservations beware! ticket change policy online booking chb American Airlines Complaints 3 May 7, 2008 1:03 AM
Customer Service Incompetent staff refused to refund fully-refundable ticket barbourJ United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:29 AM