Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Mechanical problems, poor customer service!

Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:54 AM

My wife and I were going to Cozumel on a scuba diving trip. We were to fly from Orlando to Atlanta onto Cozumel. The first plane we were to fly on had mechanical problems, the second had mechanical problems and showed up late to Orlando. We missed our connecting flight to Cozumel. They flew us instead to Cancun telling us they would get us to Cozumel. When we landed in Cancun a Delta rep. put us in a taxi and told us he would take us to Playa. From there he would get us on the fairy boat to Cozumel. Instead we were dropped off in Playa no idea where we were with all of our dive gear at 10:00 P.M. We paid the taxi and boat but were told by Delta to bad about the cost out of pocket. Also the lost night at the resort and missed day of diving that was paid for. Customer service was even worse.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Sep 8, 2007, 7:50 PM
Delta Air Lines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Next I guess Delta should just fly with mechanical problems. That would probably cause you to miss a few more of your precious vacation days.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:40 AM

dragonfire6.delta.com,

You're missing the point. Nobody expects what your sarcasm is suggesting. The fact of the matter is that Delta consistently has these issues and takes no responsibility for them, and goes to any extent to limit their liability and compensation to their passengers.

I am speaking from experience and will fly Delta only as a last resort because their business plan relies on their name DELTA = CHANGE ...

tg5