COMPLAINT: Jetstar Business Class JQ 18 - Don't Bother

Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:25 AM
Michelle B Michelle B is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014

Jetsrat Business Class Phuket to Melbourne:
I paid full fare business class with business max option included for an extra $200 x 2 for my wife and I, amongst other things, to use the lounge on departure from Phuket. The lounge at Phuket airport was a joke. Jetstar uses a shared generic lounge optimistically named the Lux Lounge. I've seen larger master bedrooms. There were no toilet facilities and the lounge is open to the concourse. It turns out that they accept walk-ins for $80 a visit. I doubt that many people would bother. The lounge was run down and had small uncomfortable vinyl tub chairs. If you want a glass of wine you have to pay $20 AUD (500BHT) for a tiny bottle. I thought Jetstar must intentionally use a grotty lounge to make the subsequent in-flight service look good. I was wrong. The in-flight business class 'service' was lousy. The Jetstar aircraft was a 787 Dreamliner. The 787 is a great aircraft and flown well by the pilots but of course, Jetstar has configured the aircraft to the cheapest and nastiest specification possible. Narrow seats and not a lot of pitch to recline. I've been much more comfortable in premium economy seats on other airlines. Hardly saw the cabin crew after the meal service. Not all items on the menu were served. No wine was served with the meal. I pressed the attendant call button 3 times to request a glass of wine. No one came. I'd finished my meal by the time I managed to attract the attention of a flight attendant who was hastily passing by my seat and trying her best to avoid eye contact. There was no tea and coffee offered during or after the meal. The liqueurs were not offered either. Somehow I managed to sleep through the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that except to say that in proper business class cabins, a flight attendant would normally ask if someone who had missed a service might like at least a cup of coffee or a bottle of water. Since there were no cabin attendants to be seen, this of course did not happen. Is Jetstar an Australian airline? Of course I have no problem with the all Asian cabin crew except that their understanding of English is extremely limited. How effective would they be in the event of an in-flight mishap? In summary, the level of service in this business class cabin would barely rate a pass if it was assessed as an economy class cabin. Jetstar should be ashamed of their product.

business class, jetstar airways

Suggestion Business Class? EY/5G6DB3 Donnaaguilar Etihad Airways Complaints 6 Aug 1, 2015 4:09 PM
In-flight Issue Dog allowed on lap in Business Class? Sarann Delta Air Lines Complaints 12 Oct 29, 2013 10:24 AM
Business class and no points Etihadcomplaint Etihad Guest Complaints 2 Jul 28, 2013 7:59 AM
Business Class? EY/5G6DB3 Donnaaguilar Etihad Guest Complaints 0 Nov 17, 2012 12:30 PM