Customer Service Have you had any problems with Continental's Customer Service? Have Continental employees treated you poorly?

Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:43 PM
mblagg mblagg is offline

Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Poor Customer Service TRACKING NUMBER: A00003347014-00019

I missed a Continental flight from Houston to Anchorage back in June of 07. The cause was due to weather. The orignal flight was from San Antonio to Houston and then from Houston to Anchorage. When we got back from our trip I filed a claim with my travel insurance agency. They advised I had to get proof that the flight was delayed to to weather. I filled out an e-mail and sent to [email protected]. It took over two weeks to get an e-mail back. When I finally did it said control tower delay. I sent that to my insurance company and they advised the flight had to be delayed due to weather. We were told by Continental that the flight was delayed due to weather. I sent another e-mail almost 3 weeks ago to the same e-mail address and have not recieved anything yet Please help
Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:28 PM
ChrisH ChrisH is offline

Join Date: Oct 2007
Send a message via AIM to ChrisH

The delay may have been related to weather, but officially listed as "Control Tower". If weather exists along a route, or around an airport, the control tower can reduce the traffic flow, or divert airplanes around certain areas, resulting in delays. Although it may have been weather related, it was "Air Traffic Control", that ultimately caused the delay.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 1:32 PM
jbuddenh jbuddenh is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

I think "Air Traffic Control" is a catch all Continental Airlines uses to avoid treating customers properly. It wouldn't surprise me if they had hand in pocket arrangement with travel insurers on this, a win-win for them and a loss for you.

A very rude customer service agent for Continental in Houston, June 25, 2009, told my wife and I that "Air Traffic Control" was the reason we missed our connection and that therefore they would not pay our hotel or meals. This was in direct conflict with what the Continental Airlines agent in Boston told us when he issued our boarding passes. He said, that if our connection was missed, which was likely because of late departure, Continental would pay our hotel and meals, since our connecting flight would then have to be the next day. When I told the customer service agent in Houston this, and made it very clear that they were inconsistent I was told that "customers with an attitude" were the least likely to be helped.

Customer Service United Airlines Non-Performance, Poor Customer Svs. andor jobb de papos United Airlines Complaints 3 Mar 11, 2010 6:56 AM
Customer Service Mechanical problems, poor customer service! Mattozzi Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 30, 2007 3:40 AM
Customer Service Poor Service Jakester1010 American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 1, 2007 9:05 PM
Customer Service POOR SERVICE IN ALL WAYS! babybunnie American Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 13, 2007 11:44 PM
Customer Service COMPLAINT- POOR SERVICE WITH AA Babco0711 American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 27, 2007 11:50 PM