Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:24 AM

Default Turkish ariline - keep away!

BKK-IST-TLV return in Business Class Airbus 330-200, July 19th, 4 pax. There is a serious concern about the airline liability over known problem concerning wet baggage. We arrive at TLV on July 20st, with 6 pieces of luggage (117 kg). When opening the luggage the content of all the 6 pieces was wet, clothing with stain damages, wet and damage gifts, and wet and damages large number of legal papers. After 4 weeks of waiting to airline reply to the incident, they have chosen to compensate damages of more than $3,000 usd with $100 usd compensation, and a clear suggestion to claim the damages from the insurance company. Quick investigation in Bangkok revealed that the airline is well aware of the wet content problem but has chosen to ignore it, assuming the passengers will claim damages from their insurance company. Instead of compensate by the real weight of the luggage (117kg) per the IATA regulations, they invented new rule, for partial compensation, based on the weight of the damages goods…! My advice: NEVER take Turkish airline if you care about your luggage, unless you have special arrangement with the weather guy to ensure NO rain during check in…!

Poor service, poor customer care and poor airline.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:47 PM

Default Turkish Airlines

I actually had three unexpectedly really nice flights with Turkish Airlines - with very generous legroom and great service. Their airbuses blow away a lot of the competition - but they rather tarnished their crown with a broken inflight system on the fourth one - which sadly was a clapped out old Boeing instead. Grrr. You just can't help but be irritated when airlines assign seats where they know the inflight is shot - but in truth, and very annoyingly... It appeasrs to me they all do that. I had the same experience with United too only a week previously where they also charged $6 for a drink... free on TA.

More options...