Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:09 AM
Todd Bone Todd Bone is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010
Thumbs down LAN Airlines does not equal customer service

I booked a multi-city trip on LAN.com from Atlanta to Buenos Aires to Mendoza and back. My AMEX was charged the day of the purchase. 2 weeks later when my trip day came I tried to find my confirmation email and couldn't. After LAN reservations and LAN.com passed me back and forth 4 times each over 3 hours, I was told that LAN.com screwed up and never issued the ticket. I had to book last minute on Delta for $900 more. After 3 weeks of checking with LAN customer service I was told a refund on my purchase was all they were willing to do for me despite the admittance that they screwed up. If these people worked for me 5 of the 6 I spoke with would be fired. I don't recommend this airline since they are not accountable!
Todd Bone, Atlanta, Georgia
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:40 AM

I would consult a lawyer... that may be actionable!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
info_guy info_guy is offline

Join Date: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by Todd Bone View Post
Todd Bone, Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Todd, How are you?

As a part of the customer responsabilities the passenger must check the bank statement and the information with the company, that is essential.
In all airlines companies you have a 48 hrs frame in which you should call back to check the status of the tkt.

Transactions could be rejected due many reasons, not only because the companie "screwed it up" like the bank not accepting the charge,problems with the cc and many others. As i mentioned before they do not have only 1 customer to attend, so you have the duty to call back because it is your money.

I see this exact case everyday and nothing can be done except if the money was not properly taken from your account or if you received a false billing of your purchase.

Regards.

Last edited by info_guy; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

Kuwait Airlines- do they know what customer service is??? neetagupta_1989 Other Airline Complaints 1 Aug 19, 2012 11:45 AM
Customer Service Spirit Airlines customer service - NOT! asbaker Spirit Airlines Complaints 7 Sep 29, 2011 6:41 PM
Poor Customer Service Continential Airlines William Johnson American Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 12, 2010 3:40 PM