Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked

Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
Continental left 216 students stranded

Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:01 PM

My local high school band is currently scheduled to perform in the Pacific Holiday Bowl. However, their flights were canceled out of Newark on Monday. Continental is not willing to make accommodations to get the group out there on time for their rehearsals. I understand that thousands of people are stranded.... but these kids have a commitment to attend... and have worked for 10 months to make this trip happen. It is very disappointing that a large company such as Continental isn't willing to add a flight to help these kids get to their destination. Instead... they are selling empty seats at a premium - and taking advantage of a bad situation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:41 PM

Its called a blizzard and has left many other people stranded who probably have just as important things in life to do.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

I live 20mins from Newark airport and I'm flying out on Thursday....we got 25inches of snow from the blizzard with strong wind gusts

There was nothing continental could do about flights as the storm dumped all that snow and closed the airport

They now have to find flights for those who couldn't make it on yesterdays flights with those who are scheduled and ticketed for today's and tomorrows flights......so they won't have 200+ extra seats on a single plane and it's not so easy just to say bring in another plane

Other people have important obligations to meet too

Continental didn't strand them, the blizzard did....the runways taxiways and gates all had to be cleared
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:30 AM

Sometimes, things happen which are just outwith the control of the airline. This is one of them. Communications and customer service after an event like t his is pisspoor, but I think 216 to be rebooked at short notice is a tall order.