Baggage Problems

Had any problems with your baggage on Continental Airlines?

Baggage Problems
They always steal form carrion checked baggages!

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:16 AM

This is the third time Continental Arilines steals from my carryon!!!! I just got back from Puebla Mexico on Flight 4596. They stole my sons phone!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:02 PM

Yes this is incredible....! I placed a complaint in the Continental Airlines web site and no one seems to care! They are very irresponsible and dishonest.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:42 PM

David,
I’m sorry to hear about the stolen phone on your way back from Mexico.

Your story is incomplete. If you want to have your voice heard, could you share more details with the folks reading this forum?

The first thing people do upon landing is reach for their mobile devices. Of course you contacted a flight attendant, gate agent, or supervisor, right? Furthermore, you placed a complaint on the website and “no one cared”—what was their response? Can you post your complaint and their response here in the forum?

I have taken hundreds of flights, and fortunately, nothing has ever been stolen from my carry-on. We are interested to hear more detail on the three incidents that occurred. What were the circumstances, how did you report it, and what was the outcome?

Matt
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:53 AM

Is this occurring when they make you gate check carry on? I have heard a lot of complaints about this, as the thieves who work for airlines, (and there are many), know that these bags are more likely to have valuables and that the airlines prefer to ignore the rampant thieving by their employees. However, once bitten twice shy!!! After three times, next time they ask you to check hand luggage, insist you take our your valuables before handing it over.