COMPLAINT: Air Berlin - overcharged twice at boarding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:42 PM
WorldIsMyHome WorldIsMyHome is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009

On 5/31/2008, I’ve bought an electronic ticket for the itinerary JFK – Dusseldorf – Moscow DME – Dusseldorf – JFK. I paid a full price for the ticket, around USD 1,400.

For no fault of my own, during this travel I was asked to pay additional fees under the threat of refusing the boarding.

1. When I was boarding the airplane in Moscow DME on August 15, 2008, I was forced to pay 50 EUR for what the agent called “extra luggage”. I specifically bought the ticket with the allowed baggage of 2 bags @ 23 kg. Because of that, I paid a higher price for the ticket. Yet, I was asked to pay additional 50 EUR even though my luggage weighed much less than 2 x 23 kg.

2. When I was boarding the airplane in Dusseldorf on August 18, 2008, I was forced to pay 25 EUR “for the lost paper ticket”. As you can see on the attached copy of my electronic ticket, I was issued an electronic ticket, and no-one ever asked me to bring any paper document. The customer service clerk at the customer service desk, D.Evers, was very rude and unprofessional. I had no choice but to pay EUR 25 because otherwise I wouldn’t be allowed to board the plane. Also, at that time, I called the Air Berlin customer service hotline, and the agent at the hotline, who gave her name as Lohram, assured me that I would be reimbursed this money. Yet when I later called the Air Berlin customer hotline, the agent refused any reimbursement and advised me to send you an e-mail complaint. The e-mail address she gave me is dysfunctional ([email protected]), and there is no contact information, except phone numbers, which I've already unsuccessfully tried, on the Air Berlin web site.

I am very disappointed with my experience with Air Berlin - to the point of never flying with them again.

Reservations Air Canada overcharged me by$4300.00 sabre67 Air Canada Complaints 6 Jul 13, 2010 5:34 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancelled Flight AND Overcharged gcheadley United Airlines Complaints 6 Apr 26, 2009 8:17 AM
Customer Service Overcharged snowlane American Airlines Complaints 16 Apr 25, 2009 11:08 PM