Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Tools...

Old May 5, 2011, 12:28 AM

Default Changed itinerary, booked us in earlier flight, original flight still exists

Booked a return flight in January, and just happened to check on seat allocation, and saw that our return flight was changed to 2 1/2 hour earlier flight, without notification and without permission. When I phone to ask about it, the representative said the "flight was changed". Our original flight still exists, which make me think that we were bumped to an earlier flight?? Do we have any recourse?
Old May 5, 2011, 12:29 AM

Meant to say: booked a flight in January for departure in June...
Old May 5, 2011, 1:37 AM

Default Start by demanding to be booked on the original flight... But the odds are stacked

They will cite terms and conditions which state that they are subject to change. But you should ask in writing why you were bumped beforevyou leave.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:34 PM

This seems very odd. If your reservation was changed arbitrarily or in error and the original flight still exists, why wouldn't they just switch you back? Is the original flight sold out? At first I was thinking this might be a candidate for Rule 240 protection but it doesn't appear to fall in that category.

More options...