COMPLAINT: Unfair Treatment of Veterans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:49 PM
citizendoe citizendoe is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

I am outraged by the Customer Service Dept. of Alaska Airlines.

First of all, I was stationed in Iraq with the United States Armed Forces. I recently lost my left leg, I was honorably discharged.

Today, I flew in to the Seattle-Tacoma airport, but my plane was late, and with my disability I was unable to make my connecting flight in the 5 minutes I had left. When I went to customer service they laughed at me, sarcastically saying things like "Ooh what does your leg hurt?" and "What you can't walk you baby?" and called me "limpy" and "cripple-man." My prosthetic was easily visible and I know they saw it. They then told me that they saw no reason that I shouldn't have been able to make it to my connecting flight and had me pay a $100 re-booking fee! Bloody unbelievable. I can hardly believe that they have those kinds of people representing their customer service.

alaska, bad, horizon, military, unfair

In-flight Issue US Airways Unfair and Cheap cmar789 Delta Air Lines Complaints 18 Sep 15, 2010 4:12 AM
Customer Service AA: One 'Unfair/Frustrating' World Doug Tokayer American Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 14, 2010 8:17 AM
Reservations Unfair Fees gijim217 Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Jan 16, 2009 2:34 AM
Unfair Airline Policy sandyr General Discussion 1 Aug 25, 2008 11:34 AM