Reservations
COMPLAINT: elderly lady cannot change or refund after broken arm at airport

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:36 PM
vince954 vince954 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2014

Spirit airlines has a policy of not allowing changes or refunds even if you call when you don't show for the site, not even when you are rushed to the hospital from the airport or if you are elderly do they help.

On October 4th I was taking my 79yo mother to Atlanta from Ft Lauderdale to visit family. unfortunately walking from the parking lot to the terminal she fell and broke her arm so I had to rush her to the hospital. I called Spirit from the emergency room, after waiting forever I reported the issue but the lady spoke so bad English and the doctors wanted to see me so I said I would call back. After Xrays and finding my mother broke the bone just below the shoulder which would require surgery, I called again only to be told both of us lost our tickets because we did not show. I was told it did not matter that she had an accident or was admitted to the hospital. their policy is no refunds or changes. I asked to speak to supervisors, same story, NO REFUND OR CHANGE, they even kept the return flights.

I have been flying for, well, a long time and have never heard of such a thing. I had one similar situation and American treated me extremely well even so I don't understand who these guys think they are. its a crappy airline anyway and not even cheap when you add in their tricky fees. I for one nor company, friends, family are no longer using this airline. I want as many people as possible to know how they treat the elderly and customers in general.

spirit arilines elderly

Customer Service Refund Policy Change SRQBill Southwest Airlines Complaints 5 Mar 6, 2014 8:13 PM
Customer Service Cabin change and BA not responding to requests for refund DeeCee British Airways Complaints 0 Apr 17, 2013 2:43 PM
Reservations Zero warning of flight change AND seat change AND loss of premium seat without refund ABrown Reservations 2 Feb 19, 2012 4:08 PM
Reservations A change in flight but no refund donnafholzer United Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 28, 2009 5:24 AM
Update on Lady who went wild in Asia at airport Leatherboy2006 General Discussion 14 Jul 10, 2009 7:15 PM