Customer Service

Have you had any problems with US Airways' Customer Service? Have US Airways employees treated you poorly?

Customer Service
You Can't Trust Agents

Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:50 PM

I had a round trip booked, but my daughter went into emergency at a hospital in Santa Barbara. I called US Airways to ask if I could change my ticket. They assured me that I there would be no problem if I faxed the emergency, signed by the doctor on the hospital letterhead to them. I did all they asked, then the nightmare began. They claimed that they never received the fax. I wrote a registered letter to US Airways and faxed the information twice more. In the end, they (a Mr. Catanzaro) denied my claim. I paid an additional $199 plus a $150 change fee and $25 for doing it initially by telephone. Why couldn't the company just be up front about my request?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook