COMPLAINT: Waiting 2 hours for my bag!

Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:38 PM
Freeborn Aiden Freeborn Aiden is offline

Join Date: Feb 2017

Hi everybody!

I sent the below complaint to Easy Jet nearly 2 months ago and have not even received an acknowledgment despite chasing them through Twitter!

Dear Easy Jet

I write to formally complain about my experience aboard EZY1828. from Tel Aviv to Manchester on Monday 2nd January.

Late Boarding and Take Off

Firstly, the flight was late in boarding and consequently we missed our take-off slot. This meant that we were left sat on the plane on the tarmac for an hour waiting for another slot and consequently the flight landed an hour late.

Conduct during the flight

The conduct of many of the other passengers during the flight was unusual to say the least. They spent most of the time ignoring seatbelt and device warnings, leaving their seats to pointlessly block the aisles and generally making a mess. The efforts of the crew to curtail these nuisances and health and safety risks was non-existent.

Baggage

After landing, I was waiting 2 hours for my bag. Apparently this is because 4 of your flights landed at the same time but you only had 1 ground crew operating. This is beyond stupid and is frankly incredulous at such for such a busy time of year. You should have scheduled your flights better and ensured there were enough ground staff to unload your planes.

I am sure you are aware that flying out of Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion airport is stressful enough already with mandatory pre-check-in interrogation and full bag searches levied out by the Israeli security forces. I therefore really could have done without your series of stupid errors adding to this.

In summary I got home nearly 3 hours later than I should have. I arrived home at 02:30 am and had to be back at work at 08:00. I also incurred an additional £20 in costs as my pre-booked taxi incurred parking fees and I had to pay the driver to wait around for the extra hour whilst I waited for my bag.

I would be very reluctant to use your services ever again and because of the sheer strength of my experience am considering advising my blogs 70,000 monthly visitors to avoid your flights at all costs. I will certainly be recalling this incident in the "Getting there and away" section of my "Backpacking Israel" guide (which currently sits at page 2 on Google and receives 10k views a month) unless I receive a satisfactory resolution.

I look forward to your proposals to remedy this.

Check-in / Boarding 7 hours waiting to check in ccortes Southwest Airlines Complaints 9 Nov 24, 2009 7:01 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Held hostage for 20 hours - 25 hours from LHR to JFK Frequenttraveller Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Aug 19, 2009 6:48 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Hours waiting for Delta 6375 at Laguardia Camper01 Delta Air Lines Complaints 9 Jul 28, 2009 11:05 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA5027 - 10 hours waiting for mechanics at the airport Marilia O. Alvarez American Airlines Complaints 1 Oct 27, 2008 5:00 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Over 4 hours on tarmac JFK, over 2 hours @ gate jamesccook Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jul 21, 2008 7:45 PM