Check-in / Boarding
COMPLAINT: representative at airport stopped boarding 3 Adults for a missing infant ticket

Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:37 AM

I booked round trip tickets for 3 adults and 1 infant in QR 529 and QR 707. Looks like the infant ticket was only booked for the outbound flight.Since I dont have the ticket I called customer care to verify whether I have the ticket on return flight. They said I have a ticket for infant in return flight. On the day of boarding, Qatar Airways representative at MAA stopped the boarding of all 3 adults and infants for the missing infant ticket. He was trying to retrieve the ticket for 3 hours till boarding closes. All the time he was promising that everyone can board the flight .My Wife and my parents were right away ready to book a new infant ticket. He cant help it due to bug in the system or lack of knowledge. I don't know why he couldn't book a new ticket. He was making several calls and finally he said the boarding was closed and asked everyone to leave the airport . Next day I had to rebook the flight with the expense of more than 2300 dollars. For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying to get a refund. They are not very prompt in replying and not responsible at all. My case with them is still not yet resolved . Please help me with this. All the passengers had to go through a lot. They were holding the infant in hands all the time with 7 checkin baggages and 3 carry ons. It was a very stressful travel for everyone.

In summary this is their mistake,
1. When I called to verify whether I have a return ticket , they said ticket is available and I need not book
2. On the day of travel, I was able to talk to customer care only when it was about the time of boarding. Even at that time, Ticket is available and not sure why the representative at MAA couldnt retrieve the ticket
3. My wife was ready to book a new ticket, They cant help with that and they were saying it is not correct to book a ticket when they already see the booking for the infant. (To be clear, they can see the booking but couldnt retrieve the ticket numer)
4.Representative at Airport was convinicing the passenger that this is some technical fault and convincing everyone he can even board everyone at the last moment
5. I have been following up for more than 3 weeks, they onlr reply saying that they are looking into it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook