In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Morbidly obese passenger.

Old May 11, 2017, 12:04 PM
hugh miller hugh miller is offline

Join Date: May 2017

Recently I flew Silkair CNS-SIN-SUB-SIN-CNS. On the CNS-SIN leg I was seated next to an obese person who intruded as much as 15cm into my seat. I had booked and paid for an exit row because of my height. I am 192cm, 90kg fit and healthy 71yo. I continually asked him to keep to his own seat but it was impossible for him. If he leaned forward his stomach forced his legs into my seat squab. He threatened to punch me. I reported the threat to the attendants and they spoke to him. I was offered a middle standard seat which I had to refuse because of my height. He could have easily been moved to the business section which was occupied by only one staff member passenger. I wrote to them asking for a FOC on only the CNS-SIN sector next time I fly to Eastern Indonesia but they offered a free exit seat CNS-SIN-CNS. Lots of corporate double talk and insincere apologies. If you buy a car and it has no motor you can ask for and get a replacement. I purchased a seat and only got 66% of it and I also want a replacement. Where do I go from here?

seat issues

In-flight Issue Obese passenger Ak traveler JetBlue Airways Complaints 2 Jun 13, 2016 9:32 PM
Check-in / Boarding Why do Obese passengers get preferential treatment? bhawk224 Check-in / Boarding 9 Jun 25, 2009 11:43 PM
In-flight Issue Seated next to an obese person doma135 In-flight Issues 16 Mar 25, 2009 7:52 AM