COMPLAINT: Broken planes

Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:37 PM

I just returned to Boston from Puerto Plata via United Airlines. The first leg from Puerto Plata was about one and a half hours late taking off. It seems there was an equipment problem, but they had another plane close by that they pressed into service. We landed in Newark about two hours behind schedule. This was not an issue, since the flight from Newark to Boston also had equipment problems. This flight was three hours late taking off. Part of the issue was a TSA factor. It seems they only had one location open to service the entire terminal. (TSA is a whole other aggravation when it comes to air travel.) My previous experiences with United were pretty bad, but I had hoped that a new president would improve their abysmal on-time performance.

I have to wonder if United Airlines leases their planes from Rent-a-wreck. The interiors were fine, but when you are 0 for 2 for functional planes, you have to ask yourself if this is a trust worthy company. To top off the day, I had to pay the limo company an additional $20 for late arrival.

The domestic airlines have done a truly amazing job of creating a myriad of up charges. United wanted $7.99 to watch movies on the leg from Puerto Plata to Newark. Never mind all the fees for preferential seating and boarding.

One has to be impressed with United's consistency. In the past I found it the most aggravating of the carriers. After yesterday's experience, I still feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook