Mileage Plus Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Customer Service
United Mileage Plus extra charge

Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:20 AM

I tried, for over one hour, online to make my airline reservations for two people. The website wouldn't let me get to the very last page for the final purchase, after several tries and over one hour. I then called United Mileage Plus and told the agent all I needed to do was complete my purchase because the website wasn't working. He assisted me and never told me there was going to be a $25 charge for making these reservations online. When I found out I was charged an extra $50, I called United Mileage Plus. After being on hold for one hour and 15 minutes, I was told I had to complete my travel then dispute the charge online. I did this, clearly explaining the whole situation. Their response was that they would not refund me for my airline tickets, not what I asked. I couldn't respond to their email. I then called several times and finally was transferred to the refund department. The customer service agent came back on the line and said the refund department wouldn't talk with me and I could not be refunded. Obviously, I cancelled my United Mileage Plus card and United Chase Card. A couple of my family members also cancelled their Chase United Card and I will continue to speak of this horrible customer service.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:30 PM

Why is this post on Alaska Airlines if it is United?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook