Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Cancelled booking despite full payment and confirmation.

Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:49 AM

Flight Number (e.g. EY 256): Ey 538
Flight date: 03/09/2016
Ticket number: 6072130120374
Class of travel: Business
To: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH), United Arab Emirates
Booking reference: FREFFH

Original Request sent September 3rd to Etihad REMAINS UNANSWERED by Customer Service

I recently booked a redemption flight with booking code FREFFH. I was unable to travel outbound to Beirut on Monday due to delay of my visa. I received a call Monday AM (29 August) from 02 599 8533 to ask if I would be travelling and I advised I would not be making the outbound flight, however I would certainly be returning on Saturday I was informed 'NO PROBLEM SIR'.

After receiving my passport back, I booked a 1 way to BEY with another airline. When I arrived at the airport in Beirut for my returning flight, (which was fully paid and booked with a gold membership claiming guaranteed ticket), I was advised my booking was cancelled because I did not use the AUH-BEY portion; even though I had advised the Etihad agent who contacted me at 733am on Aug. 29 that I would utilise the return portion.

After being told in the BEY airport that I should call Etihad to sort it out (by Etihad desk agents) I was forced at the airport to buy a new ticket due to this error for USD 1256.40 after being advised this was my only option to fly.

Additionally, when I arrived in AUH I booked a chauffeur service after having been advised the wait would be 20-30 mins. After waiting 40mins I was told I needed to wait an additional 10-15 minutes. Accordingly I left by taxi as I did not want to risk an even longer wait. I am extremely dissatisfied by Etihad's level of service and extreme stress it has caused me. I Require full refund for the tickets and refund of points used to book the original flight. Please expedite your response/refund as I will be submitting complaint to the consumer protection with DED. Not only was I assured the return ticket would remain, but no where in the terms or conditions does it indicate that the ticket would be cancelled; nor was i notified. I expected that with my gold membership my ticket was guaranteed as per my booking.

This level of service is highly disappointing; I await full refund ASAP.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:28 AM

I had exactly the same issue. Flew out one week after the scheduled date to BKK, then was told by the check-in staff no problems for the return flight. When I flew back they had sold my seat to another passenger and I was left stranded. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. No manager came to assist and was just left until I started to record a PTC on film, then ETIHAD staff called security because they were worried it would get on social media. Talk about ganging up on the little guy.No apology, no refund, just scammed out of the additional airfare. Never again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
cancelled return flight, poor communication, poor customer no service, terrible service!