Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: they cancelled my ticket

Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:36 AM

Travelled (UAL)ORD-YYZ, then YYZ-YMM(AC). UAL #843 was delayed leaving ORD. I hustled through customs, immigration and the terminal to find my connection at the gate. The agent closed the door because she had everyone on board. It was the only flight to YMM until the same time on the next day.

The AC agent said that UAL had cancelled my ticket, so she wasn't looking for me.

Trying to get another flight to YEG (Edmonton) that night and then YMM (Fort McMurray) the following morning was not possible because UAL had cancelled the ticket. I spoke to 2 phone agents (25 minutes on the phone) to get the ticket reinstated so Air Canada could issue me a ticket before the Edmonton flight departed.

UAL phone agent said to see UAL airport agents in YEG for a hotel. I had a guaranteed hotel in YMM that I wasn't going to be able to use.

There were no UAL agents at YEG when I arrived at 1AM so I searched for a room.

UAL has no explanation for the ticket cancellation and begrudgingly will reimburse my room in YEG but not the one lost in YMM or do anything to compensate the cancellation, my time or my arriving several hours late for my business appointment the next day.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
compensation not received, ual, united cancellation