COMPLAINT: Cancellation & ugly behaviour

Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:53 AM
alborz alborz is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I am writing regarding a Cancellation Etihad Airways flight.

The judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Tui & others v CAA confirmed the applicability of compensation for delay as set out in the Sturgeon case. As such, I am seeking compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 for this delayed flight. The details are as follows:
Booking reference:
Existing complaint reference:
Flight number: EY 343
Departure airport: Abu Dhabi International Airport, AUH
Scheduled departure time: Thu 29/12/16 1:15
Arrival airport: Tehran
Number of passengers: 2
Based on the length of the delay and the scheduled flight length, I am therefore seeking the fixed compensation as specified in EC 261/2004.
On the 29th of December our flight was canceled from Abu Dhabi to Tehran by EY 343 at 01:15 . This caused us to miss our meeting and loss an important business contract. In Abu Dhabi we approached the travel desk and she told us the cancellation occurred because of fog but it was a big lie, the other airline and also Etihad airplane flight normally, and in other hand the fog might make delay on flight and after our research we understand that the passenger of that flight was less therefore, Etihad line joint 2 flight together and we have made to stayed in airport for 10 hours. It was clear that, flog and security problem was only an excuse to prevention of paying any damages.
The next problems was the behavior of staff and employee of Etihad on Abu Dhabi Airport, that kept us on airport without any care, hotel, sleep pods, .
*** EUR 400 for all intro-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometers, and for all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometers.
At the end, I allege that 5k or 10k miles or any other offers in this hands are not acceptable, and Etihad should pay damage by cash, and I know the rights of passengers and keep my right to complain on court IF damage will not pay.
I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could mean taking it to court.
Yours faithfully
mohammad alborz

Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:18 PM
disnoke disnoke is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by alborz View Post
I am writing regarding a Cancellation Etihad Airways flight.

Booking reference:
Number of passengers: 2
Yours faithfully
mohammad alborz
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think you understand that regulation, this is only for flights arriving or departing in the eu.

A flight from Abu Dhabi to iran will not be covered
Posted via Mobile Device

In-flight Issue Bad Behaviour mijaz Qatar Airways Complaints 0 Sep 4, 2016 8:39 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Disgraceful behaviour viewhatyai American Airlines Complaints 10 May 15, 2009 11:47 PM