Reservations

Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:53 PM
sabarivasenk sabarivasenk is offline

Join Date: Mar 2013

Hi CazziB,

I booked ticket for my wife using my Etihad Guest Membership login. We do not share a same last name even though I gave the correct first & last name for my wife (Even before confirming ticket it was displayed correctly), I noticed on the e-ticket that it is misspelled as my last name. When I call Etihad customer care they say I have to cancel my ticket & re-book it. This is a non-refundable ticket & I have not taken travel insurance. As this booking is for my wife & Kids I loose more than $3000 if I cancel this ticket. I have sent an email to Etihad Guest Service email id but I have not got any response yet. I am really worried as their travel date is in next 5 days. Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Sab
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:28 AM
michqnal michqnal is offline

Join Date: Apr 2013

Hi Cazzi B,

I have booked my flight through an agent with ebookers.ie. I gave the name of my kids who have both second names only to receive a confirmation ticket with their second name as surname (M**** S******* instead of M**** S******* Q*****). I've contacted the agent a few times but I was told that it was not their fault because i confirmed the names on the telephone and that the only option is to cancel the booking and make a new reservation from which i will not be refunded any euro because our ticket is non refundable in case of cancellation. I have also contacted the Etihad Customer service here in Ireland but was told to get back to my agent and sort it with them.
I am very glad my husband found this website and by reading some of the posts I am hopeful that I will be able to correct their surnames with a little extra cost rather that losing more than 1500 euros.
Please help me...
I will also try to send you a direct message.

Kind regards,
Mich
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:37 AM

Why are you people so ****ing stupid????
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:16 PM
mel farnworth mel farnworth is offline

Join Date: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by Etihad Representative View Post
Hi Alex,

I have recieved your DM, and will try my best to assist you.

One of our team will be in contact shortly.

Kind Regards

Cazzi
Hello please can you help me to change 2 letters on my first name on my ticket to bangkok Barney on the ticket and Barnaby on the passport (my first name ) many thanks
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:01 AM
tenzin tenzin is offline

Join Date: Jul 2013

To whom it may concern,
I really need a help to change my surname on my Etihad airlines ticket which I will be leaving within 3 days. Me and my family have always been purchasing international flight tickets from etihad but somehow this time we made an error on my name. I am really in need of help but my travel agent is telling me to cancel the booking at the last time even though I already paid a large amount of money. Please help me!!!!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:15 PM
Elisapb Elisapb is offline

Join Date: Sep 2013

Dear Cazzi,

I have bought a flight with you (5 flights in total). Unfortunately I made a mistake and put one of my surnames (Perez) as middle name (since in Spain we have 2 surnames). Would it be possible changing my surname so it shows correctly?

It should be: Elisa Perez Balsera (being "Perez Balsera" surnames) instead of Elisa P Balsera

My reservation code: KDLACZ
Ticket number: 6072121076797/98

I have called you several times but no one was able to help me, I have sent you as well a copy of my passport.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kindest regards,

Elisa
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:21 PM
Elisapb Elisapb is offline

Join Date: Sep 2013

My reservation code: KDLACZ
Ticket number: 6072121076797/98

I have called Etihad 4 times but noone was able to help me, I have also sent a screenshot of my passport. Could you please help me out?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kindest regards,

Elisa
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:25 AM
jaws79 jaws79 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

Dear Cazzi,

My wife and I recently purchased two return flights from Melbourne to Amsterdam through BYOjet.com. This was to be our honeymoon as we were recently married. We booked both tickets in my surname as we were in the process of changing my wife’s surname on all of her documentation.

My wife is an Australian permanent resident but does not hold an Australian passport as she is not yet a citizen. Her Dutch passport was due to expire in March (around the time of our flight) and when we went to have this renewed, the Dutch consulate advised us that her passport MUST remain in her maiden name.

We contacted BYOjet to inform them of this issue and they asked us to present them with a copy of both my wife’s old passport and our marriage certificate. They apparently sent these to Etihad to see if a name change was possible.

After contacting Etihad, BYOjet sent us a return email... “Please be advised that after speaking with Etihad they had advised that due to the codeshare flight with KLM they are unable to amend the name. In this circumstance they have advised that full cancellation penalties will apply.”

The full cancellation works out to be $724 per ticket. This is almost half of the original ticket price! We cannot afford to lose out on this amount. The KLM codeshare flight is from Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi (EY7307). After several attempts to contact Etihad directly to see if anything further could be done we were referred back to BYOjet who cannot help us any further. We even tried to contact KLM who said they could do nothing as the booking is with Etihad.

Obviously we do not want to cancel this flight. We understand if we are required pay a fee for a name change. But what was supposed to be a happy and stress free honeymoon has turned out to be the exact opposite. It was an honest mistake as we had never imagined that changing your surname to your married name on your passport would be impossible.

Please please please please please help us as we are desperate!

Jordan.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:37 PM
Mee Mee is offline

Join Date: Jun 2014

Dear Cazzi,

My boyfriend booked a ticket online but made a mistake with his last name. He filled in his first name as his last name so his name on the ticket is Warren Warren. He immediately contacted an etihad representative to change his last name but was told that they are unable to make any amendments and that the only solution is to buy another ticket since his ticket is non refundable. When he started complaining that the solution they gave him was ridiculous, he was told to send an e-mail tofeedback@etihad.ae. He immediately sent an e-mail explaining the issue and got a call from an agent. He was told to send a copy of his passport and that he would have to pay 75 USD as penalty for the surname change. It has been almost a week after he sent his passport copy but has not received any reply. His flight is drawing near and he has e-mailed every possible etihad*related e-mail addresses he can find to try to come up with a solution. He feels ignored and helpless and we don't know who else to turn to for help and we figured that you may be the only one who can help us with our problem...*Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mee
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:00 PM
jkjudge jkjudge is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014

Hi Cazzi,

To my relief, i could find some posts mentioning the same problem that i am facing right now.

My Wife booked a flight for her parents few weeks ago with Etihad airways through Vayama. New Delhi to Chicago for 1st Sept. 2014 the trip ID is SEWXZ4

Passenger names:
VIRINDER JUDGE
KARAMJIT JUDGE

i just noticed that 1st passenger's (my father in law) complete name is VIRINDER SINGH JUDGE and his passport shows "VIRINDER SINGH" as his first and last name. Now when he used to travel with in US, it wasnt a problem as he carries his Drivers License, with his full name on it. We also contacted Vayaare but there is nothing that they are doing and suggesting to purchase a brand new ticket L
But now, he wouldnt even be let inside the airport with these tickets back in New Delhi as it doesnt match his passport.

I request you to please help me get his name changed on the ticket, otherwise cancelling this ticket and buying other would really rip us off financially

Please let me know if i need to submit any further information or proofs to get this done.

many many thanks,
Gill
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:58 AM
shrutiahuja shrutiahuja is offline

Join Date: Nov 2014

Dear Cazzi,

I am writing to you with a lot of hope as I see that you have helped multiple people on this forum with the last name change problem.

I have left you a private message as well. Please help me in getting the last name changed on 2 bookings that I did for my husband and my daughter (2 yrs). Booking were done through travelopod.com

Now, ethiad is refusing to make any modifications to the name which are more than 3 letters.

I cannot afford to lose this money by cancelling this non refundable ticket.

thanks in advance,
Please help me.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:48 AM

Dear Jordan,
I was wondering to know did your story end with happy honeymoon? Because we have the same problem and our honeymoon is in jeopardy

Originally Posted by jaws79 View Post
Dear Cazzi,

Please please please please please help us as we are desperate!

Jordan.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:10 AM

Dear Etihad Representative,

I was trying to send private message, but couldn't ("Etihad Representative has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.")
So, I am writing here:
I have similar story with jaws79. We bought honeymoon tickets Helsinki-Bangkok in my husband's surname and were sure that 6 months is enough time to change the passport, however, with Russian Embassy it appears to be very long process and I still haven't got my new passport (and won't get in 1 month). Therefore, I was hoping that there is some option to change back my surname in the ticket to my maiden surname, so we could go to honeymoon.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Evgenia
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:08 AM
Etihad Representative Etihad Representative is offline
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Dear Guest,

Please kindly send your request along with your booking reference to ********************** we will look into it for you.

Online Community Team
Etihad Airways
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:37 AM

Join Date: Jan 2015

I get this copy-paste response every time, they have all our information already, nothing is changing.

Dear passengers of Etihad, unfortunately, I think there is no Cazzi anymore in this forum, he was the only one doing his job properly. I have spent 4 days politely calling, e-mailing, knocking to all social media and got some response only when I got angry, but problem still remains. We will see... I will write here again to keep you informed about how Etihad is treating their customers.

Originally Posted by Etihad Representative View Post
Dear Guest,

Online Community Team
Etihad Airways
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:32 PM
zust4you zust4you is offline

Join Date: Mar 2015

Has anyone been able to change the name on a codeshare (Involving one more airlines other than Etihad in itinerary) flight? I have mistakenly interchanged my first and last name while booking. Please post the details on the procedure.

There is one thing I haven't been able to understand is that although it's a codeshare, the other airline in the itinerary also has ETIHAD flight number. When you try to buy the same ticket from ETIHAD.com, it also shows the same airline ticket in conjunction with ETIHAD airlines ticket. If Etihad itself is trying to sell the same ticket through their website, why can't they change the name on the ticket??? Why do they bring up the issue of codeshare????

No one from Etihad or Travel Agent seems to be able to help.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:17 AM
lizdsauer lizdsauer is offline

Join Date: Jan 2016

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DIRECT MSG CAZZI? Having the same surname problem as all who have posted previously.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:19 PM
Rob-May Rob-May is offline

Join Date: Jan 2016

In a similar position to pretty much everyone else on here. I booked through an agent and they've added an extra letter to my first name (ROBBERT, instead of ROBERT). Such a small discrepancy neither myself or my girlfriend noticed it when confirming the booking.

I have tried to contact Etihad directly but finding it infuriatingly difficult finding any kind of useful contact details (phone number is automated, email address gets no response, etc). Has anybody had any joy speaking with the airline and, if so, can you please let me know how you went about it?

We don't fly until March but I am getting increasingly concerned about being refused travel and not being able to contact Etihad is not helping

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:29 AM
Rajan Rajan is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

Hi Cazzi,

My father is travelling to US tomorrow morning. I have bought the ticket from Makemytrip. My father doesnt have a surname however his given name in the passport is " ABCDE PQRS". Now the seller forgot to mention LNU in the last name field. I tried contacting Etihad and they said that he may face an issue at US Immigration in AbuDhabi.

Etihad said they wont be able to do the name change as his return his on another partner flight. As per them the only option left is cancelling and rebooking the tickets.

Please help me regarding this.

Regards!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:51 PM
Bones123 Bones123 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

Hiya,

I have book my flights from MAN - CNX for Feb 17, I received the email to confirm and printed the document, on printing, I noticed I had made an error in one of the passengers first names, I had spelt Jospehine instead of Josephine.
I called Etihad who advised me to cancel the booking and redo the entire flights again. I have 3 flights each way booked from the Etihad App, as one of those is a Bangkok airways flight, Etihad refused to do anything at all other than cancel my non refundable flights and rebook. Or (and i quote) "Chance it at the airport, they might not notice".
I was then told for 300GBP they could cancel my bangkok airways flight and change the name on the remaining tickets... Sorry???
How is this acceptable?

Please help!!!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:24 PM
danawoodhall danawoodhall is offline

Join Date: Dec 2016

Hi,

I have booked an international flight with an agency and they have spelled my name wrong by one letter.

I have called the agency and airline and they both are informing me that I can not have it changed.

I have plans to build an orphanage while I am on travels, everything is planned and money has been invested into this trip.

I need to be on this flight!!! Please help me as this is the only option that is going to work!!!!

THANK YOU!!

Sincerely,

Dana
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:51 PM
skhalid skhalid is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I booked my return ticket from Munich to Lahore from travelgenio.com .
The flight has schedule with airberlin. After booking I realized the firstname and lastname are interchanged.

I contact the travelgenio.com and they respond me after one week that I can to buy a new ticket and then I will get the refund later. I cannot afford to pay for another ticket with extra fare charges blah blah...

I called Eitehad and they asked me to go for agency as they cannot do anything. Agency said my ticket is responsible under airberlin. I cannot see my booking on airberlin but it is showing on Eitehad website. Airberlin told that it can be fixed with 75 Euro fees but only be done by agency.

I request Eithad Customer Support to help me to sort it out. I am not finding my agency to be friendly to sort this issue. The are keep saying that I have to book another flight... I have to fly on 29th Januray.

I am fine to pay 75 Eur but buying another ticket is not possible.

Looking forward to hear.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:46 PM
MATTANA WANNAWONG MATTANA WANNAWONG is offline

Join Date: Feb 2017

Subject : Request for any waive and get refund for E-Ticket No. 607-1071560370

Attachment (s) : Copy of passenger’s passport

To Whom It may Concern ( Etihad Airways Head Office)

We , CCT & T Company Limited is currently a travel agent in Bangkok. Kindly refer to that we has been issued Etihad Airways ticket for our passenger on 15th Feb’17 with INCORRECT SURNAME as following the ticket information below :

•Orginal Ticket (issued on 15th Feb’17) / Airline Code : “QZMRVD”
Issued by BSP AGENT : Charal Business Group (1991) Co.,Ltd.
Passenger Name : 1. PHUKRONGTHONG/CHANAKAN
E-Ticket No: 607-1071560370
Routing: Routing: BKK-FCO-BKK (R/T)
Flight details :
EY 405 Q 17FEB BKKAUH HK1 1805 2205
EY7065 Q 18FEB AUHFCO HK1 0225 0620
EY 84 T 22FEB FCOAUH HK1 2200 #0655
EY 408 T 23FEB AUHBKK HK1 0855 1805

•New Ticket (issued on 16th Feb’17 ) with CORRECT SURNAME as same as on her passport
Airline Code : “3568QA”
Passenger Name : 1.PHUKRONGTHUNG/CHANAKAN
New E-Ticket No: 607-1071560444
Routing: BKK-FCO-BKK (R/T) with same travelling date as above

We need to booked her with the new ticket with same flight and same traveling date because of the airline’s policy that we cannot make any correct or reissue with the original ticket as follow as the suggestion of the airline’s ticketing office in Bangkok that we have contacted. Moreover this ticket is NON REFUNDABLE TICKET and also there is a codeshare flight with Alitalia Airline (AUH-FCO). That is a reason why they cannot reissue the ticket and cannot make any refund with this ticket.

Therefore, we would like to kindly request to get approve for waive and the refund from the airline for E-Ticket No: 607-1071560370 (old ticket). We have tried to ask the airline office in Bangkok to waive the refund but they cannot. We totally understand that the mistake is made by us that we booked the ticket with incorrect surname. (just 1 alphabet)
We also accept to get charge from the airline for cancellation this ticket with small fees.

We appreciate your special consideration and cooperation in this matter and we looking forward to your kindly to solve this situation for us and receive your favorable reply soon.

Sincerely Yours,
Mattana Wannawong
CCT & T Company Limited (Bangkok, Thailand)
Attached Images:
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:54 AM
RuthG RuthG is offline

Join Date: Mar 2017

Good day!
I mistakenly booked my mother in Etihad Airways with her maiden name. I went to Etihad office to request for a correction but they weren't able to help me out and instead advised me to send e-mail at feedback@etihad.ae.

Hope anybody can help me on this.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:44 PM
jjonnboy jjonnboy is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

Etihad is wanting two fees, one of AUD150 for name change and one of AUD26 for ticket reissue for my wife's name change through marriage. I think this is sexist and outrageous for a process that involves a few keystrokes to effect the necessary change. So far we have been able to effect a name change to match the new passport with HA, VA and SQ, who have all been extremely understanding of pax legally changing their name.
Has anybody had any success in having these ridiculous fees waived? Etihad keep talking about a "correction" as if there was a mistake made at the time of booking, which is not the case?

Reservations Surname change on Etihad non- refundable ticket leanne75 Etihad Airways Complaints 19 Oct 30, 2014 8:49 PM
Reservations Etihad name on ticket Afmitha Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Nov 20, 2011 2:42 PM
Check-in / Boarding Surname change on non refundable, Ticket in Maiden name, Passport in Married name!?! lucymason Check-in / Boarding 0 Aug 18, 2011 11:20 AM
Customer Service Continental Refused to Refund a Fully Refundable Ticket mquamar Customer Service 10 May 9, 2010 9:04 PM
Customer Service Incompetent staff refused to refund fully-refundable ticket barbourJ United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:29 AM