In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: "Upgraded" Seats, Paid $238 for NOTHING

Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:26 AM
nwhite949 nwhite949 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

I just wanted to state how terrible our flight experience was. We were in the most horrible 2 seats on the entire plane, 38E and 38F, which are the absolute LAST seats on the plane. The seats did not recline, and the flight crew did nothing to try to accomodate us; no pillows, blankets, nothing. They were just short, snappy and just plain rude.

Also we could not pull the window shade down due to the shade being broken. The area on the floor and the wall by the window of my seat was really dirty, and there was even a large bug that managed to crawl out of the window and proceeded to buzz around my seat, making me very nervous.

To make matters worse, we sat on the runway so long, that it caused us to be late, and we got plunked down in Houston 15 minutes before our connecting flight started boarding. Keep in mind that we are stuck in the entirely last row of the plane, and are the last people to de-plane. We had a whole 5 minutes to get to the gate to make our connection. This was extra upsetting because this had happened to me on a previous United flight as well!

I had "upgraded" my ticket to a comfort plus seat for the connection from Houston to Boston, which added insult to injury, because these seats were the same as a regular economy seat, it was a joke. My poor fiancee had a middle seat, (we were not seated together) which was just the same size as a regular coach seat. I paid $238 for our "upgrades", only to be "treated" to an uncomfortable small seat, away from my fiancee, which zero extras. Delta at least gives you free beer and wine and alcohol, among many other things. We got NOTHING for the extra price, very disappointing.

I don't know if United really cares about what I am saying or not, but they should be ashamed of the way we were treated. I will never spend my money on United ever again, and I will tell all of my friends and family not to either. I even dropped my return flight from Boston because I was dreading the hell of a United flight on my way back - I just re-booked a whole new flight with Delta instead.

The only way we will be able to get through to them is to hit them where it hurts.. in their pockets. Boycott United.

Last edited by nwhite949; Sep 21, 2015 at 7:29 AM. Reason: forgot some things

Brussels Airline "Lowest Fare Guaranteed". Is it really "guaranteed"? GreenBee Other Airline Complaints 4 Feb 23, 2012 2:06 PM
Baggage Problems "Personal item" and "Carry on" is a fraudulent scheme... pc300000 Spirit Airlines Complaints 3 Jul 12, 2011 8:50 PM