Reservations
COMPLAINT: Racket to make you pay for purchasing ticket with UA agent (for $25)

Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:21 AM
Jill Tucker Jill Tucker is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

I tried for over 1.5 hours to purchase a ticket online. I kept getting an error message saying that my billing address was too long: over 35 characters.
1) it was not too long and not over 35 characters
2) even so, I changed it and shortened it
3) by not being able to purchase online, you may have to purchase through an agent, costing $25.

No luck. None of the changes worked. Clearly a website glitch.

I called UA (long distance - from Hong Kong, where I live). Twice I got connected with web assistance, and twice the line went blank. Hung up on me.

The third time I called, I was understandably angry and the UA agent herself hung up on me! The 2nd and 3rd times I had asked for a supervisor.

Finally, the 4th time I called I got a decent agent (named Alex - a Filipino man) who purchased the ticket for me at no charge. But I have wasted the better part of a morning and will definitely avoid using UA if I can.

online reservations

Customer Service Rude ticket agent jmgconnor Air France Complaints 0 Jul 4, 2014 10:09 PM
Check-in / Boarding Incompetence of ticket agent SLWolfe United Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 17, 2013 5:47 PM
Customer Service Abusive ticket agent in PEI KBrothers Air Canada Complaints 6 Jan 18, 2010 7:37 AM
Customer Service The worst Ticket Agent Ever. Zengara Customer Service 0 Jun 6, 2008 10:28 PM
Customer Service hostile screaming ticket agent katie bayer Customer Service 2 Apr 11, 2008 7:36 PM