Reservations
COMPLAINT: Racket to make you pay for purchasing ticket with UA agent (for $25)

Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:21 AM

I tried for over 1.5 hours to purchase a ticket online. I kept getting an error message saying that my billing address was too long: over 35 characters.
1) it was not too long and not over 35 characters
2) even so, I changed it and shortened it
3) by not being able to purchase online, you may have to purchase through an agent, costing $25.

No luck. None of the changes worked. Clearly a website glitch.

I called UA (long distance - from Hong Kong, where I live). Twice I got connected with web assistance, and twice the line went blank. Hung up on me.

The third time I called, I was understandably angry and the UA agent herself hung up on me! The 2nd and 3rd times I had asked for a supervisor.

Finally, the 4th time I called I got a decent agent (named Alex - a Filipino man) who purchased the ticket for me at no charge. But I have wasted the better part of a morning and will definitely avoid using UA if I can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
online reservations