Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Hung up on by Kara- a supervisor -flight 5460

Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

Dear Ms. Coslet,

On December 20, 2015, United cancelled a flight from Redding to San Francisco on which I had purchased tickets for my son and his wife (flight 5460/Confirmation # D3PGYJ).

On Monday, December 28, 2015, after waiting more than 30 minutes, I spoke to Ruth in customer service. She stated she “thought it was probably” weather related, so there would be no refund. Knowing the United Airlines employees in Redding stated it was NOT weather related, I asked to speak to a supervisor, to which she kindly obliged.

Kara, the supervisor I then spoke to, told me she had family in “that area” who flew out “right before Christmas”, so she knew it was in fact weather-related. I explained that December 20 is not “right before Christmas”, and even the United employees in Redding stated the cancellation was not weather related.

Kara- your supervisor- then hung up the phone on me!

I challenge you to require your supervisors and customer service staff to give their employee numbers. Wherever and whoever this customer service supervisor is, my fellow colleagues in the teaching profession exhibit FAR greater people skills and tact than either of your employees I spoke to today.

Sincerely,

Terri Hulse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook