COMPLAINT: Baggage Complaint Not Handled EY440

Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:45 AM
gberczely gberczely is offline

Join Date: Aug 2016

Etihad did not connect my luggage, and I recovered it after a whole week - but these things happen. What cannot happen is that various emails and posts on the Etihad Customer Service page go unanswered. Here is the trail:

Sent: Monday, August 08, 2016 8:56 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

Again, no reply from your side. This is the worst service of any airline yet.

Can you at least acknowledge my email and give me an estimate of how many months or years it will take to finish this claim.

Please answer! Give me some kind of customer service!

You have until August 10th, then this email will be escalated to the CEO of Etihad Airways.

Regards,

George Berczely

Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 8:46 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

August 4th passed and I received no reply. I am not happy with the quality of your service recovery. Please give me an update today about the process and when I can expect a decision and refund.

Sincerely,
George Berczely

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:42 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find attached the required documents.

Please reimburse the following expenses:
Descente GBP 224.00
Uniqlo GBP 125.50
Russel&Bromley GBP 85.00
Leviís GBP 89.00
Total GBP 523.50

I arrived in CDG on July 2nd. The suitcase arrived in LHR on July 7, but I already left for MUC on July 8 in the morning, so the suitcase had to be sent to MUC. I was almost a week without my luggage.

Also, I did file my complaint online on Monday, July 4th Ė but the first reply I received (after the attached acknowledgements) was on July 18th, two weeks later. This is really an unacceptably slow response time.

I expect you feedback by August 4th at the latest, please.

Best regards,

Fax: +84 8 3847-8113
Mobile: +84 972-320201

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 1:50 PM
To: George Berczely (DHL VN)
Subject: Etihad Airways [RQID:464985]

Ref 464985
Date 18 July 2016

Dear Mr Berczely,

Thank you for your correspondence.

In respect to your recent experience with us, we regret there was a delay in receiving your baggage. May we request the following documents from you for our perusal;

Please attach 2-3 files at a time in .jpg or .pdf format, the total size should not exceed 4MB.

∑ Passport Copy
∑ Boarding Pass/s
∑ E-ticket or Itinerary
∑ Receipts for additional expenses
. Baggage Reference Number (PIR)

Your details will be forwarded to our Baggage Claims team for them to investigate your file. As soon as they have concluded their investigation, they will contact you further.

I look forward to your response by return.

Yours sincerely,

Baggage Claims Support
Abu Dhabi
CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER NOTICE :
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Etihad airways or its employees are not responsible for any auto-generated spurious messages that you may receive from Etihad email addresses.

baggage lost, customer service, no answer

Baggage Problems Baggage complaint Rushvi Shah Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jan 5, 2016 11:38 PM
Baggage Problems Complaint about Baggage Loss (Ref: 211497) Vikas Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Apr 6, 2014 5:34 PM
Customer Service hand-written boarding passes - complaint about complaint dept Matt_FLL United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 30, 2012 6:14 PM
Egypt Air - Lost Baggage Complaint skrohilla Other Airline Complaints 2 Oct 2, 2008 8:09 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delays stupidly handled 3/30 cstrdd American Airlines Complaints 3 Apr 10, 2008 5:36 PM