COMPLAINT: Can't change maiden surname on booking

Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:21 AM
CanNotBelieveIt CanNotBelieveIt is offline

Join Date: Nov 2016

Having booked flights with Etihad is proving to be the my absolute worst nightmare! I highly doubt I will ever book a flight with Etihad again.

I booked flights many months in advance for my wife and 2 kids. The problem is that in between my wife's last name was changed from her maiden last name to my last name.

So I called the call center thinking that this kind of thing must happen all the time and Etihad will have a process in place to deal with this situation. Shock Horror! No such thing. The only option I'm given is:
- Cancel all 4 tickets and re-book them (no refund and I must pay the full price again).

What? So the only option I have is to pay twice for a holiday that I saved up 2 years to for - how can that be? I was told that it can't be changed because a partner airline is being used - but I didn't choose the partner airline?! I just did a booking on the Etihad site. What happened behind the scenes was a blackbox. I can't even remember selecting a non-refundable ticket as an option!

This is absolutely horrendous service. I can't believe that I may have to go on holiday with my 2 kids minus my wife! Terrible, terrible service

Booking issue -No surname : Air Mauritius sunilnieip Other Airline Complaints 0 Jul 29, 2016 5:59 PM
Reservations surname change lizdsauer Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jan 12, 2016 3:55 AM
Surname Change due to marriage Jaiganesh1986 Etihad Guest Complaints 0 May 12, 2014 2:55 PM
Reservations ETIHAD - Is surname change possible? ballysandhu Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Nov 23, 2011 8:31 AM
Check-in / Boarding Surname change on non refundable, Ticket in Maiden name, Passport in Married name!?! lucymason Check-in / Boarding 0 Aug 18, 2011 11:20 AM