COMPLAINT: Only call the United Call Center if you Feel Like Having Someone Yell at You

Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:33 PM
historymajor historymajor is offline

Join Date: Nov 2016

On October 14, 2016 I called United regarding a flight to Toronto, Canada from Denver IAP. UA Flight number 4537, confirmation number BHWVSB or SHLY45 depending on which airline you talk to departing on 19 Oct at 5:43 PM. It was a Canadair Flight which unfortunately fell under United Airlines. Plus United had two reservations in the same day for me. I was looking for a confirmed seat.
I understand that call center agents are conveniently named Jessica or Tom, no matter whether it is India or Manila who field the calls. Makes it hard to trace any representative back. I telephoned 1-800-864-8331 speaking with “Jessica” at 820 AM. I gave her my United booking reference but she had a hard time with the digits. She got upset when she realized I was talking about a flight through partnership with Air Canada. Told me she could not help and I must call Air Canada. I attempted to explain I had spoken with Air Canada when she launched a verbal air attack crying she could not do anything for me and she could not understand me.
I had her on speaker phone so her screams down the line between our countries were like the call of a mating wildebeest. My husband laughed so hard because our three year old grandson pulled his blanket over his head to hide from what he called “the animal which comes out of grandma’s phone.” I asked her if I could ask one more question. She hangs up.
I called back again and received great service from a wonderful lady named “Lovely.” I guarantee she is the best ambassador for United Airlines call centers. She called Air Canada, got more information, advised me to call my travel company, and then she waited on another line while I called my travel agency and got things sorted out. What a jewel she is. I would like to congratulate you are a great employee named “Lovely” and warn you about the Jessica out there.
There is a huge difference between your international call centers. With United Airlines, it’s really as simple to know whether you’ll have a good or bad experience with your outsourced phone call by asking this question: Is it India, or is it Manila? Like playing poker, you just have to take the card you are dealt.

Customer Service Worst call center in the whole white world Ccie29 Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Dec 12, 2013 5:10 AM
Customer Service United customer service and call center sucks AugustRose United Airlines Complaints 0 May 4, 2012 4:25 PM
Customer Service Call center personnel uninformed darke United Airlines Complaints 7 Nov 8, 2011 9:19 AM