Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: round trip to africa

Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:44 PM

I would like to state a complaint regarding Etihad"s overall service on our recent flights to Africa from Montenegro and back.

We went to a holiday to Africa on 28th December and planning to come back on 13th January. We flew with from Podgorica to Nairobi and afterward returned from Dar Es Salam back to Podgorica. During the aforementioned trip we have experienced several unplesentens including: long cancelations mishandling of baggage in both directions and finally no reply from the Etihad to our complaint.

My girlfriend and I flew from Podgorica (via Belgrade) to Abu Dhabi on 28th of December and tried to board to the connecting flight to Nairobi, as scheduled, but only when we already landed we were informed that the flight was delayed for 24 hours.

After we eventually arrived to Nairobi, our baggage was lost and it was not returned to us until 7th of January after several interventions from our side. Etihad staff kept on giving us ambiguous and inaccurate information on the location of our baggage I had to visit and call lost found offices of both Nairobi and Dar El Salam arports several times Baggage reference number is NBOEY15138. . This caused several distress and expenditure to us, because we had to invest in buying new clothes and shoes that were left in the misplaced baggage.

On our way back home to Podgorica from Dar Es Salam 13th of January, we had misfortune that our baggage was lost once again and was returned to us 3 days after arrival.Baggage tag number is EY985536.

Due to the oversights and errors from their side, our holiday experience was ruined and we had to pay unexpected money for the things we were missing. Therefore, we asked the Etihad to inform us on the compensation they were willing to provide in this case. To that effect, we have send E-mails on both of their designated addresses for customer services: [email protected] and [email protected]. Apart from the generated message that our mail has been received, we have received no answer from their side for more than a week.

Etihad's behavior was highly unprofessional and fully unacceptable throughout our journey as well after we came back home, which forced me to publicly state our claim.

Best regards

Ivan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook