COMPLAINT: Etihad airlines... worst airlines

Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:33 PM
saimanikumar saimanikumar is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

My name is Saimani Kumar and this message is regarding the problem I faced during my stay at the transit in Abu Dhabi. I was supposed to travel from HYD to JFK, connecting at Abu Dhabi on etihad airlines (Flight No.: EY 274, EY 101). Due to certain circumstances(heavy snowfall in Newyork) my flight from Abu Dhabi had been delayed by 15hrs. But i saw other airlines don't have delay's for 15 hours. Whatever I landed in Abu Dhabi on December 30th at 6:30 am and until 9 pm I was not given any sort of accommodation whatsoever other than 2 food coupons. I got the lounge only after 9pm, and that too because I had reported the problem to the airport authorities. Etihad transfer desk (help desk) said they donít have rooms or lounge in the airport and so, they couldnít provide me any facility. They even asked me to sleep on the FLOOR! But when I checked the airport myself the lounges were available in the airport. Also I had lost my cell phone and the authorities were not even bit helpful in providing me any sort of assistance. Is this how the crew of a world class flight behaves? Personally I believe they treated me very badly and it was one of the worst experiences ever.

Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:58 AM

Dear Mr. Kumar,

I am sorry to hear your faced a disruption to your flight.

If you would like to direct your complaint to [email protected], someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

This is the best email address for Etihad, and your complaint will definately be answered using this channel.

Thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:17 PM
saimanikumar saimanikumar is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

well i did that a week ago... and no one responded till date... also i tried to talk to customer service of Etihad... but i dont know.. no one is receiving the call..!!
I feel that Etihad has the worst customer service...!!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:08 AM

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Thank you for your reply. If you would like to Private Message me your name and details, I shall investigate this for you, and advise of the status of your complaint.

Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:33 PM

Join Date: Jul 2015

I have definitelely to confirm this experience. 5 years later nothing seemed to have change since that.
We had a flight on 3rd July from DUS to Abu Dhabi that was late. Some how the airline managed to be late while reletively on time departing from DUS.
so our flight to Colombo was gone. We were told to go to the Transfer Desk.
Absolutely chaotic while not enough stuff for too much customrs.
We received also two voucher and were told that only cheap meals can be choosed. So
sitting in huge waiting area with hundreds of waiting people.
It seems that this waiting process is somehow a kind of business concept of etihad.

Transfer desk promised that our luggage will be sent to Colombo right way. This was a lie. We are still withiut our luggage which is forecasted to be tommoror morning in Colombo. Sri Lankian Airlines Luggage Service already announced to be not RESPONSIBLE to manage our luggage to be at our Hotel. Etihad is totally quite. No emails nothing.
I wrote them using [email protected] which camey with mailer daemon!!!! Can one imagine?
Then I found this complain witb the info about [email protected]. Google doesnt find anything hos to comlain at ethiad. Poor!!!!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:41 PM

Join Date: Jul 2015

We were told the same when asking to be waiting in an etihad lounge. We could not check if this was true but i think it was a lie. We were lied on the flight from Kochi to Colombo as. The stewardess said that this is a fully booked flight when we were asking to have a more convinient seat. After 'boarding completed' over 50 percent of the seats were free....
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:37 AM

Hi rainerbauss,

We regret to hear that. Kindly send the details including your ticket number and email address via a private message to look into this for you. *ES

Originally Posted by rainerbauss View Post
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:05 AM

Join Date: Jul 2015

Clothings and a short message via a forum is all you hear from etihad when you luggage is gone. We are in Sri Lanka for holiday. The Hotel manager called Etihad in Colombo. They promised to call back. DIDN'T. I wrote emaiks to info@ and feedback@: NO ANSWER!
Etihad damges my whole holiday. How can I tell them that we change hotel on friday when nobody is answering?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:57 AM

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Hi rainerbauss, we apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please provide us your interaction number? If you don't one yet, please forward your feedback to ********************** We will look into it for you. Thank you! *ZD
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:12 AM

Etihad-Rep,
I already sent ES* a very long pn. There is no interaction number! For sure no one of etihad because nobody is answering despite etihad representatives like you and ES* in SOCIAL MEDIA. Thats very trust building.
There is a Sri Lankian Airways Baggage Service file reference:
cmbul96841 / passenger: bueltert
Two bags are found and delivered as you can see at worldtracker.
The mussing bag with my clothes is: ey570281
WHERE IS THIS?
I will send the documents to **********************
1.e-ticket 2. Copy of Property of irregularity report at Sri Lankan Airways Baggage service.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:35 AM

Join Date: Jul 2015

on our flight back to Germany, the same problem. Etihad misshandled the luggage in Abu Dabi...Etiahd is a never ending story. Never choose to fly with them!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:18 PM

Originally Posted by rainerbauss View Post
Oh no, that's not nice, Rainer. We can understand, this must be very frustrating, so we would like to offer our help and get in touch with the Duty Manager for you to assist you retrieve back your luggage as soon as possible. If you would like us to do this, please email your details (PIR number, baggage tag, booking reference and feedback) to **********************. We work 24/7 and will have a look for you immediately as soon as we receive your details. *JP
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:32 PM
Mohammadbari Mohammadbari is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

It is useless to complain as this airline doesn't listen to complains unless your are of specific race and Colour. I'm a gold member and had many issues regarding their service especially at the lounge and upgrades but only email I get is sorry and we will assist you better next time. But that email was after many chasers.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:35 PM
Mohammadbari Mohammadbari is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

The management should fire the people at Etihad guest and lounge to be honest. They done have any qualification but here to earn their retirement money and back to home country. For them this is not a job and responsibility but a favour it seems they are doing...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:33 PM

Hi Mohammadbari,

thank you for getting in touch with us via this forum. We're sorry to hear you feel you have been mistreated.

The fact that you feel this way, is not acceptable and we would like to apologize for the same and assure you that it was never our intention.

Would you like us to look into the matter in more detail? We would like to assist. Please send us the details of your experience and your booking reference to ********************** *JP
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:03 AM
MarkZ MarkZ is offline

Join Date: Aug 2016

I am writing this since Etihad have not responded to any of our complaints since 24th April 2016. 2 out of 2 bags lost and no one is replying our emails. The last responce after chasing Etihad office in Sydney (several calls without proper answer and emails without any reply), we will be able to give only $600 for your 2 lost bags. After 4 months, that's all what etihad can afford... What a shame. I hope the authorities giving such an airline company all the awards will be able to see the real picture...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:04 AM
donttravelinetihad donttravelinetihad is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

FLIGHT DETAILS - EY 170
BOOKING REFERENCE # - AWBNFB
GOLD MEMBERSHIP - 103287673215

Etihad delays the departure by more than 5 hrs, doesn't even call the customer and when you show up in the airport 7.5 hrs prior to departure you get humiliated

This is a very loyal business class passenger, currently ****** off and writing this to make sure someone senior enough looks at this feedback and takes action as apparently 3 layers of the staff at the airport couldn't do anything. So this is what has happened

I come to the airport trying to checking for my 4.50 PM flight, only to realize that the flight is now departing at 9.30 PM. I started to ask the ticketing agent, if I can get moved to a business class and if there is an opportunity. First she mentioned it was a full flight and there are no seats in business class (which is a lie), I started asking her what is that they do for a GOLD member, regular Etihad traveller when their flight gets delayed by 5 hrs and makes the entire trip planning for a toss, she replies that it's not their problem it's the flight problem and they have nothing to do with it. Then I ask what do you do to the customers, she said we don't do anything Sir, they will have to wait for the flight. Then I mentioned if there is a possibility to upgrade through my miles, she mentioned yes that can be done but has to be handled by a different manager - the new manager comes in and says it is possible and will get me upgraded and then says I have 5K miles less to get upgraded, it required 101K miles and I had 96K miles. Then I had to spend a lot of time with her trying to explain her that initially I was lied that there were no seats, now with miles they have seats - she mentioned we have a lot of seats sir but it is not possible to upgrade, obviously I was not happy - 30 mins into the conversation I have asked is there anyone that can help as I was clearly not satisfied with the service and probably VERY unhappy with the treatment, I have even mentioned to her that I used to be a regular customer of Emirates and now have switched to Etihad and not changed it back, a frequent traveller and my last 4 trips were all "Business Class", I said I used to get complimentary upgrades from Emirates in my europe trips and the answer was "We don't do that sir" - my question was "how can then Etihad become a 5 star airline" when being in services industry you cannot even service a customer that is requesting one leg upgrade when you have the seats and when YOUR flight is delayed and has nothing wrong with me. She finally calls a 3rd manager - Jennifer @LAX, and the disaster starts really from here - not only she couldn't help, she was RUDE and has humiliated me enough and I have even mentioned to her that I'm totally unhappy and she couldn't resolve my issue just for 5K less miles that I have, told her that this would be my last trip on Eithad as I'm humiliated - because she almost said she didn't care if I was a frequent traveler or loyal traveler or even if I ranked Etihad as one of the best airline in every single survey that I have received.

She was OK me going disgruntled - even when I have mentioned airlines is a services industry and there is no way Etihad can be 5 star rated service airline if they cannot address thier "GOLD" member issue - BTW, I'm only GOLD because in the last 1.5 years is only when I have started using Etihad and already made 4 business class trips. She wanted to see me go ****** off baffled me - I said I'll provide strong feedback across all channels and she didn't care a less.

I'm not at all threatening but given the "humiliation" I had after being a loyal business customer for Etihad all this while, I'm very much decided to take on the humiliation I got - get everything to be done on my social channels and some strong voice and very creative video done on the things that have happened to me and how the services industry is not services oriented anymore. I have lakhs of FB fans and 10 and 1000s of twitter followers, run India's #1 coupon website called GrabOn - so we know something about digital marketing.

This is very bad that there is not a good service managers in line that can take care of customer service - hope you have got some good crisis management team because this is going to be huge, I have already alerted my team at midnight - this is bad how Etihad humiliates their customers. Jennifer and Etihad should no the power of humiliation and the kind of retaliation that they get.

I feel embarrassed to even write this long after all the treatment that I got but I wanted to make sure I keep my hunger for humiliation live - so every word I write makes me more determined to take this campaign on - BIG TIME

This should be a less - Never humiliate your own customer, doesn't matter if you are the #1 airline in the world and don't care about 1 passenger that you will be losing for life.

Good Bye Etihad
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:56 PM
vinod vinod is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

We had a worst experience in Ethihad from Sao Paulo to Chennai.

During our check-in at Sao Paulo, Etihad lady at check-in counter asked us for Yellow fever vaccination certificate which we didnít have. As soon as I informed her about this she said, ďsorry you cannot fly todayĒ. After sometime she told you can fly but you need to change your destination to Delhi or Mumbai. She asked one of her colleague to guide us till Etihad office at Sao Paulo, Airport. Also, she said it is country requirement. Now, my question is, Is it not possible to mention along with ticket, documents required during check-in?
When we asked this question, she told, itís not airline requirement its country requirement. If that's the case, why are you asking us during check-in? Because if it is country requirement, only once we arrive Bangalore Airport they should ask us.

Also lady told us we are not exception, everyday they have people facing same issues.. If that's the case why etihad is not informing passengers in Ticket? Is it business strategy that lower the air ticket and earn money from people like us?

If airline duty is just to carry passenger from one place to another, why should they ask during check-in? If it's country requirement, At Bangalore they should put fine on us right?

Now, coming back to check-in, lady told us to go to second floor @sao Paulo Etihad office and speak to call center for changing the destination to other place where they have yellow fever vaccination at airport.

When we spoke to call center, they didn't have much details about destination airports that has yellow fever vaccination and they were asking us. We are passengers, how will we know? Also, he told us to check with airport staff (there was one Etihad person in office), but he was busy. Don't customer care have complete information? Finally, airport staff gave us information and we changed our destination from Bangalore to Chennai, which costed us additional R$ 2509.42. Finally we were allowed to check-in on new tickets.

Is this the Etihad way of making money?

We also had VEGETARIAN JAIN MEAL ordered as part of our tickets. After boarding from S„o Paulo to Abu Dhabi flight, during dinner, we got food.
In every flight, vegetarian/special meal will be given first. But here, they gave us non-vegetarian food and after informing they provided us with left out food.. And they cabin crew gave excuse saying, it was not mentioned. But when I got my breakfast just 1 hour before landing I got a food plate which has my name slip on it and I asked the cabin crew about this name on my plate and they had no idea. This is what you guys care about customer. Telling lies to customer.

Now after landing at Abu Dhabi, we had wait for 16 hours just because our destination was changed. So I thought of check with customer service at Abu Dhabi airport that we did not get right food from Sao Paulo to Abu Dhabi, atleast from Abu Dhabi till Chennai we expect vegetating meal. Customer service person at Aub Dhabi said since its asianflight (Jet Airways), they will have extra vegetarian meals .. But after boarding in flight (Abu Dabi to Chennai ) air hostess was asking us weather are we okay for non-veg as they have shortage of veg food. My question is, don't Etihad provide details to air hostess / cabin crew ? If not, why passengers has to choose meals. If the person has already selected type of meal during his booking, is it not understood that particular passenger is strict on his/her meal?

We were frustrated with Etihad service and after wards, airhostess tried to do her job well. She provided us smoothie and few fruits. My question, as a passenger don't we deserve to have what we booked?

Should we need to fight with Etihad staff for our rights?

When we question poor service, if you can say "sorry for the inconvenience" are we not allowed to say "sorry we don't have yellow fever certificate".? we paid extra money for not right destination. This is the service we got from you guys!!!! After reaching Chennai we were not asked about any Yellow Fever certificate at all. We came out of Airport and took a bus till Bangalore which was extra 6 hours of Journey.

By opting Etihad we got frustration, waiting time of 12 hours at abudabi and from Chennai to Bangalore expense.

Was check-in a way of making sure we change the flight destination and pay more money? Is this some kind of fraud activity or corruption within Etihad itself?

We've written mail to [email protected] but till now, no response.
Good bye to Etihad. Its our first and last experience in Etihad.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:18 PM
rainbow101 rainbow101 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

Hi there,

We were planning to travel to India in July and booked tickets through Alanita travel agency but unfortunately I was diagnosed of stage 3 Cancer in June and could not travel to India in July due to chemo treatments. We requested Alanita travel agency to request a medical waiver but Alanita travel agent communicated that our medical waiver was rejected by Eithad.

We submitted a letter from my oncologist that we cannot travel due to my weekly/biweekly chemo treatments followed by surgery/radiations. IT IS SO SAD that Eithad airlines is not even honoring a genuine medical emergency like this.

#worstserviceethihad

In-flight Issue Etihad Airlines Business Class Lousy Treatment maxfoods Etihad Airways Complaints 20 Sep 26, 2015 10:56 PM
Customer Service Etihad Airways--Worst travel experience!! etihadtraveller Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Jan 9, 2011 11:27 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airlines Ignoring my e-mail Jokjok Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Dec 15, 2010 1:34 PM
Check-in / Boarding American Airlines - The Worst Of The Worst! jimmysingh American Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 30, 2010 3:25 PM
Customer Service Etihad Airlines Disregard for Passenger Health dalton987 Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Mar 10, 2010 4:23 PM