COMPLAINT: Delayed Flight, 3 hours on tarmac and no follow up

Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:27 PM
KQuiton KQuiton is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011

At the end of May I was on a flight that was delayed over 9 hours. During the delay we boarded and de-boarded the flight a total of 3 times. The first two delays due to weather and the final one due to a mechanical steering issue. Our flight finally took off but when we arrived in Chicago we sat in the plane on the tarmac for almost 3 hours during which time we were not offered food or drinks. We were told there would be an agent present when we got off the plane that would provide us with vouchers and help us with our two missed connecting flights. This never happened. We missed both connecting flights and had to stay in a hotel even though we already had a pre-paid room at our final destination. We were repeatedly told an agent would help us. I was also directed to file a complaint on the AA website, which I have done THREE times. The only response I get is automatically generated and doesn't address the issues at hand. I called AA once again today but they keep telling me there is no number to call customer relations and that there is nothing they can do. It is extremely frustrating and dissapointing. We heard other people on our flights talking about the vouchers they were provided with due to the mechanical issue and the tarmac wait. I'm not sure what to do next.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stuck on plane for 6 hours on tarmac tomchgo Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Aug 28, 2009 7:55 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Delayed Over 7 Hours! RobandAshley Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 Jun 21, 2009 6:22 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Over 4 hours on tarmac JFK, over 2 hours @ gate jamesccook Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jul 21, 2008 7:45 PM