COMPLAINT: Smart way to make more money out of problems made by ETIHAD! Etihad is rocking!

Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:17 AM
Tatjana Tatjana is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012

TO:
Guest Affair Specialist
Etihad Airways
Abu Dhabi

Dear Sir/Madam,

Last year my flight was overbooked and I had to spend 24 h in Abu Dhabi without choice. I been told I will be provided with 5 star hotel and after reaching hotel - we found a 3 star "red light district” type of place.
After all of that and Etihad getting loads of money by overbooking my flight, they put me on next available flight which is not fully booked and which does not cost them anything. They did not looked or offered me to other flights with different companies for which they would need to pay.
After all my time and stress - I receive 300 dollars voucher which I can use towards my next flight with them.
I booked my original trip on internet and I looked up my new trip on internet as well. I been advised to use voucher in Etihad office or at desk in airport so I made my way there and been told that the price for the flight which I want and which I see on their website is 100 pounds more if I make booking via phone or at the desk. I been also advised that that is only way to use voucher .
Is that for real? You charging me same price as normal flight which is available on your website? I might win about 80 pounds and thats all - so the value of that voucher is 80 pounds! Took me two hours to get to airport and back and all my tame is more than 80 pounds!
And this is apology for all my time and stress?
This is unacceptable and I want to book same price ticket which is on your website with my voucher so I can make real use of it - and you will actually lose some money with it - not make money on me again!

Thank you and I did send [email protected] email already - but no reply for over 1 week now! Taking you little bit long to look after your clients if your philosophy is customer is first!

Thanks!

Customer Service finished with etihad ilse Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Feb 3, 2014 1:19 PM
Reservations Name change problems with etihad airlines unhappybooker Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Sep 16, 2013 1:45 PM
Customer Service ETIHAD airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 8 Oct 20, 2008 7:22 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Oct 15, 2008 3:51 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways kavioka Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Oct 8, 2008 1:10 PM