Old May 28, 2009, 9:16 PM

Thumbs down confirmed flight cancelled(but not full)

i bought a round trip from montreal to rio.i cancelled the return flight on january 26 2009 and the agent sent me a new booking for june 1 2009 on april 15 2009 that read that it was an official itinerary and reciept right at the top of the first page.it also said at the top of the first page that the booking was confirmed.nearing the end of may i was making a booking with another airline and they informed me that my booking with air canada was not confirmed.i then contacted air canada and was told that i could keep the same bookings from sao paulo to toronto and from toronto to montreal but that i had to take a flight from rio to sao paulo that was four hours earleir than the original booking leaving me with a five and a half hour stop over in sao paulo and also making me need to go to the airport four hours earlier in rio.they say that they cannot give me the original booking and that if i want that flight i will have to pay $358.i even asked them if i could cancel that portion of the booking and take a local company(they are very cheap and i would recommend to anyone flying to brazil to fly to sao paulo and then get another flight to wherever you want to go in brazil with webjet,azul,gol or tam because they are very cheap)and thay say that it is not possible.

Last edited by capoeirista; May 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM. Reason: mistake

More options...