COMPLAINT: Uncourteous - No response to two emails regarding complaint of damaged stroller

Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:41 AM
INBAN KUPPAN INBAN KUPPAN is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

I sent out two emails to Emirates regarding the recent experience I had with a damaged unusable stroller for my 8 month baby on the 28-Jan-16 and the fact that the last flight my baby was on in November 2015, her stroller was also damaged on an emirate flight but not resolved to date.We have 6 confirmed flights (Reference GQ5QY6 and PCXPB6with emirates over the next two weeks and don't know what awkwardness we will face regarding the strollers as we will have to make provision to buy additional stroller considering that the last two were damaged on emirates flights and unusable .

A copy of the original email sent is below :

We (My wife, baby and I ) arrived on 28-Jan-16 on EK 765 at approximately 21:00.
As usual the stroller was not on the carousel and I requested assistance to fetch the stroller as the ground baggage staff said it was at the back.
We collected the bags and were waiting and still no stroller.
We were getting impatient as we had our 8 month old baby with us and it was late and I decided to go see what's happening.
As I got to the back the lady and gent were pushing a trolley with a lot of strollers.
I asked them if I could have our stroller .
She took it out and I immediately noticed that the wheel was missing and another front part (table attachment) where one places a babys bottle.
They told e to report it at the emirates desk,
When I got to the desk the gentleman on duty said we don't do stroller damage claims.

I told him he has to be kidding and that this was the second stroller damaged since my last JNB-RYD-JNB flight in November .

I reported that one previously and the customer affairs gentleman Rakesh Rao said that I would have to produce the receipt in order for Emirates to pay ( Reference DXB/X/RC/06115/7077282) dated 9-NOV-15

At JNB airport they wanted my details. I told him that he could put my skywards number in and get all my details.
He said he would call me the next day as he would give me the reference number and gave me an incomplete baggage report document. Everything is on video surveillance so kindly check.
I got a call from a lady the next day to request my details.
I told her to use my skywards number as it has all the details.
I haven't heard anything since.
I still haven't purchased another stroller and expect Emirates to compensate me for this stroller. DO NOT ASK ME FOR A RECEIPT AS I DO NOT HAVE THE RECEIPT FOR THE ONE I PURCHASED IN RIYADH OR FOR Reference DXB/X/RC/06115/7077282.

We (my wife baby and I )have 6 upcoming flight confirmed with Emirates JNB-DXB-CDG-DXB-JNB on 10/11 Feb 2016 and also another 2 flights confirmed on 20-Feb-2016 JNB-DXB-RYD and my stress levels are peaking that we will have to endure this inconvenience again of having to acquire another stroller when we get to Paris and also when we get back before we fly to Riyadh.

I requested the baggage crew to put in plastic before boarding the plane in Riyadh as a preventive measure given what happened with the last stroller.This they clearly didn't do, as the stroller came damaged minus two parts and cannot be used.

The stroller saga for the entire flight was a nightmare ,as when we arrived at Dubai airport the emergency alarms where on and the escalator didn't work.
There were no strollers.
When we asked the ground staff there just go there to the left .There were none.
We went to three more stroller storage areas and there were still none . I have pictures as evidence
My wife had to carry the baby as she is teething and only wants to be with to her Mum .
Eventually we found strollers and they were all a health hazard and absolutely filthy and to be quite frank actually disgusting.
We decided not to use any of them, as this was a high risk as baby could get sick from the unhygienic strollers.
This is an area of improvement that Dubai airport needs to work on, as this is a health hazard

I don't expect anything to happen, as till now there has been no courteous behavior displayed for the previous stroller reported on 9-Nov-15. I noticed that ever since I dropped a class from Gold to Silver the level of service has also dropped

My contact details in SA are 0722972383 . My skywards number is 253544163

Baggage Problems Baggage damaged and no response lekker Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Mar 30, 2017 1:11 PM
Customer Service Poor response to complaint manrosh Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Nov 30, 2015 11:30 PM
Baggage Problems LUFTHANSA damaged baggage; delays; no response to complaints Leny Lufthansa Complaints 0 Nov 18, 2011 8:27 PM
Customer Service Bad things at Delta - no response to emails ebarak Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Jan 11, 2011 9:16 AM
Customer Service no reply to emails very mad American Airlines Complaints 2 Jan 23, 2009 8:40 PM