Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: the most comprehensive complaint ever - 2 consecutive canceled flights

Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:35 AM

What happened

There was not one, but two flights canceled due to bad weather. There were much more than two flights canceled as even the entire airport got close. Those two cancelations are what affected me directly.

Totally understandable – I would rather not fly than risk dying in an airplane.

Airline company – KLM. Airport – Schiphol , Amsterdam.

The problem here is not the weather but the poor operational management from KLM as well as the customer support that makes you feel like nobody.

-----
The customer support experience

1. Direct talk with customer support in the airport
2 hours of waiting line for nothing, as the support desk was closed before i managed to reach it. At least 2 more hours of waiting were required based on the queue size and the speed of the support staff.

2. Phone call
Right after the flight got canceled and during the following days, I repeatedly tried to call KLM. All answers were automated, stating that they are ‘experiencing high volumes of calls during this period‘. The call was ended without any direct human interaction and I was recommended to try the other channels. Fair enough – let’s try the other channels.

3. Instant messanging (x2)
Right after the flight got canceled and during the following days, I repeatedly tried reaching KLM support on WhatsApp and Facebook messenger. No answer.

Apparently, KLM ‘typically replies instantly’ . Not the case. What was even worse, was that when they finally replied (after 1 week), it was with an automated message related to a customer satisfaction survey in Spanish.

My complaint is still being processed. I got no answers regarding the processing time. I might get an answer in 2018. Maybe

Full write up, expense calculation, suggestions to improve on https://truica-victor.com/most-compr...omplaint-ever/
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook