Reservations
COMPLAINT: Family abandoned

Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:41 PM
JVC JVC is offline

Join Date: Aug 2015

As a loyal Emirates Airline customer I am highly disappointed with my recent experience when booking my airfare from London to Australia and I am astonished that an airline in the top 5 world airline ratings would be so negligent within its reservation department and leave my family stranded in a capital city we are not used to!
My experience follows:
I am currently in London and a few days ago I contacted Emirates airlines and booked 4 tickets to Melbourne Australia. When the itinerary was complete and payment was being made the customer service representative from the reservations division double processed payment exceeding $12,000 on my credit card. The representative apologised and advised that at midnight that evening the accident would be rectified and that I would obtain a refund for the error. I regret to advise that Emirates Airlines has failed to honour the promise and that to date I have not obtained a refund. Consequently, my credit card has reached its maximum credit limit and I am stuck as a tourist with my children (5 year old child and my 20 month old infant with special needs) I have no cash and no available funds on my credit card and I cannot pay for medication for my child, any food, drinks, nappies and our hotel bill. I am now in further financial disadvantage as I must pay interest on this credit card transaction and exchange rates when refund will eventually go through. What is taking so long! Why is Emirates Airline refusing to help a desperate family in need!!
Emirates Airlines has put immense stress on my family as I cannot afford necessary items for my children (as my holiday is ending) and I explained this to the representative on the day! The airline has failed to act on this error promptly and I find this highly unacceptable - in other words a gross failure of care for customers. I would like to know what the airline is willing to do to NOT ONLY rectify and fix the error but to also compensate my family for the hardship we have endured for days! Please advise me urgently.

bad business, bad customer service, disasterous

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Abandoned in Ontario detrickjw Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Oct 26, 2012 2:45 PM
Customer Service abandoned markballman United Airlines Complaints 21 Oct 18, 2012 10:08 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight 478 delayed or abandoned? rowdy1958 Spirit Airlines Complaints 1 Aug 13, 2012 6:23 PM
Customer Service We were abandoned Thomas D Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 3 Jan 26, 2012 3:46 PM