COMPLAINT: Overcharged with extra baggage charges with Emirates Airines

Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:19 AM
ItalianoInManila ItalianoInManila is offline

Join Date: Apr 2016

In order:

1. My name is Alessandro , I flew from Amman to Dubai with EK 902 and then Dubai to Manila with PR 659 on Feb 7,2016

2. At the check in in Amman, I was charge 9 kgs excess baggage for the whole route: Amman to Manila

3. The ground staff did not exert any effort to verify baggage allowance offered by Philippine Airlines

4. In Dubai, the Philippines Airlines counter confirmed that I was entitled to 46 Kgs, hence I should not have paid any extra baggage charge from Dubai to Manila.

5. On Feb 8, I informed immediately your office requesting for a just and immediate refund

6. On Feb 11, I received a weird and unprofessional reply saying: "As you were travelling onwards to Manila from Dubai with Philippine Airlines our staff advised you that if your free baggage allowance was 20 kilograms with Philippine Airlines you would be requested once again to pay excess charges."

7. The above reply, shows how inconsistent, out of context, poorly done was the investigation and verification process of the staff, considering that I stated all the facts and provided evidence that PAL grants 46Kgs from Dubai to Manila...

8. I am reiterating my demand for immediate refund of the excess baggage charges that I was asked to pay by Emirates for the segment Dubai to Manila....

Let me close saying that it is disappointing and disheartening to see how a so called "world leader"in the airline industry deals with customer concerns and disregards customer information and data, plus provide wrong and inaccurate information...like what you did regarding Philippine Airlines.

I look forward to a positive response on this matter, but again very much willing to bring the issue to the appropriate venues and fora.

Cordially,

Originally Posted by ItalianoInManila View Post
In order:

Cordially,

Alessandro
Emirates does not interline or codeshare with Philippine Airlines, therefore Emirates baggage policy is the one they go by not Philippine Airlines. Next time book all Emirates or all Philippine Airlines.