Check-in / Boarding
COMPLAINT: Extra 2 bags of 2 Tickets got charged as 3 bags

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:41 AM

Tried making a complaint against British Airways about it charging me for 2 excess bags as if only one ticket was traveling.
In fact 2 tickets TKHMZP & TL9CZ9 were traveling. Myself being 79+ my Brother in Law who was made to travel with me put 4 bags at Check-In point and presented 2 Boarding Passes,
Clerk made a bill of 205 instead of 130.
On reaching my destination I made repeated representation to the Airline but in one of the responses got told following.

"If you and your travel companion had checked in each of your additional bag separately, you would've been charged 65.00 each. Since, you checked in three bags under your name, you were charged 65.00 for the first extra bag and 140.00 for the second additional bag. This means we're unable to offer you any refund on this occasion."

Check-In Clerk did not advise us to Check-IN the way BA is telling me we should have don.

We travelled from LHR-5 on BA0139 on 15/9/17 to Mumbai.

Would appreciate any help as to how to, whom to complaint against BA not taking any responsibility of the Overcharge.

BA Case Reference number is 17014479
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook