Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:55 PM
gopalansai gopalansai is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Etihad airways terrible baggage service

I landed in the US from Abu Dhabi last thursday and was told that both my suitcases were not even boarded on the flight. No reasons were provided!!

The baggage service representative then said that the bags would arrive the following day and would be fedexed to me from Chicago to Detroit and that he would send it on an urgent basis.

Come today, I receive only one of my bags and try to call their contact center, all you receive are routings and reroutings till you are fed up!!

In addition, lodging a complaint on Etihad airways website is literally of no use because they never respond to any complaints!

One thing is for sure: this was the first and the LAST time I will fly etihad.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:26 AM

Default New ?

Sorry, but I never heard of this Airline, what country ?

Fairly new ??

Where do they even fly ??
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:56 AM

Originally Posted by 6point3 View Post
Sorry, but I never heard of this Airline, what country ?

Fairly new ??

Where do they even fly ??
You do have a computer, obviously, or at least internet access. Google is your friend.

Look at #6.

These are the best airlines in the WORLD. You'll notice what airlines are not on the list. A subtle hint........No U.S. based.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:04 AM

Join Date: Jan 2012
Default that part of the world

I guess I could have googled it.
It was also partly a statement, that a lot of people don't travel that part of the world. I traveled 3 of the 5 continents and don't really care about the other two........traveling that is.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:07 AM

5 continents? Really?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:15 AM

Default Why not ??

Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
5 continents? Really?
I guess you're thinking 6 or 7 ??
They keep changing it.
When I went to school (I guess that dates me in some way), they did not know to count Antarctica or not (and for me it doesn't count in terms of commercial flying, anyway),

That leaves :

1 Europe
2 Asia
3 Africa
4 America(s)
5 Australia

fill me in, What did I forget ??
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:41 AM

4. Australasia
5. Europe
6. North America
7. South Amerca

But some teachers combined the Americas into one.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:43 PM
smaqbool smaqbool is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012

Hi,

sorry to hear about this, I know how that feels, happens a lot with big airlines. I would recommend you e-mail or write a letter to your countries head office and ask for a response ASAP.

Shaz
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:08 PM
Carol T Carol T is offline

Join Date: Apr 2013
Thumbs down No compensation for delayed luggage!

Etihad won't even file my complaint. I sent their baggage email a claim and they won't acknowledge it. The day i arrived the bags were delayed due to the first flight segment being late. There were 3 segments to my journey. The last segment Etihad required me to gate check my carry on. Then when I arrived in Karachi they said I was not due any compensation as I received one bag. My carryon was not a checked bag and they used it as a loop hole to deny compensation. It took them 3 days to deliver. The forms request a file number which they did not provide either. They said I should talk to the supervisor after 10:30 pm which is when I was attending the wedding celebrations I went for. Etihad has no care or concern for their passengers anywhere! I tried to contact them when I returned home but they said I have to speak to people in Karachi. Karachi says I should contact people in the USA so I know they will do nothing but I will never fly them again and will spread the word to others. I am a two million miler so I do fly a lot and will not be recommending this airline to anyone going forward....their fares are not that much cheaper than other airlines. Considering the poor service, it cost me more in the long run!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 AM

Join Date: Apr 2015
Default Damaged bags, poor customer service

On March 19, 2015, I flew on Etihad in business class from HYD to ORD via AUH with my 80-year old mother.

When we arrived in ORD, her two checked bags were badly damaged and torn with wires around the rims coming out. At the baggage claim area, we showed the damage to her bags to Etihad baggage office attendants, but they quickly dismissed the damage as nothing to do with handling by Etihad.

I had another flight EY3164 from ORD to New Orleans (MSY) after a long layover. When I picked up my own checked bag in MSY, it was drenched heavily in rainwater and coated with thick mud, again showing how badly Etihad handles bags. My belongings were badly damaged.

Etihad quickly rejected our complaints about damage to bags.

When we arrived in ORD, we had to wait for 30 minutes for wheelchair for my mother. Her two checked bags were badly damaged and torn with wires around the rims coming out. At the baggage claim area, we showed the damage to her bags to Etihad baggage office attendants, but they quickly dismissed the damage as nothing to do with handling by Etihad.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:03 PM
Etihad Representative Etihad Representative is offline
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Originally Posted by KG-BTR View Post

Etihad quickly rejected our complaints about damage to bags.

Hi KG-BTR,

We are sorry to hear that. Kindly send the details via private message to look into this for you. *ES
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:09 PM

Originally Posted by Etihad Representative View Post
Hi KG-BTR,

Sent details via private message. Also sent via Etihad feedback.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:18 PM

Default No compensation from Etihad for damaged bags

Here is UPDATE:
As suggested by the Etihad representative here, I sent details via private mail. I also sent complaint via Etihad website. So far, the airline has not provided any compensation.

I would like to advise American citizens and those living in the US to file complaints against Etihad with the US Department of Transportation here:

Customer Service Etihad Airways - terrible experience zubairn Etihad Airways Complaints 7 Jun 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways - Customer service jeethjohnp Etihad Airways Complaints 11 Apr 27, 2012 5:07 AM
Baggage Problems Etihad Airways - restrictive baggage policy for students sfumatostar Etihad Airways Complaints 4 Aug 5, 2009 6:36 PM
Baggage Problems terrible baggage and handling service madmcd05 Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Jan 24, 2009 7:12 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways - Appalling Service NidgeX Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 8, 2007 10:40 AM