Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: US Airlines lives in the guise of American

Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:56 PM

Good day, Fellow Travelers,

I had an amazing expectation of service with the merge/acquisition of US Air with American Airlines. I had hoped the delays, lack of communication, general falsehoods had changed but I was wrong.

Yesterday, flight 4796, supposed departing from Charlotte, NC at approximately 6, 610pm had numerous delays. My new bride and I received these delay messages even as we were making the connecting flight from Fort Lauderdale, Flight 1758. After failed communication, several reversals of explanation (oh, bad weather, oh, mechanical problems, this and that), the plane that should have taken us home at 832p was canceled. I must say that the blackhole that is US Air (I keep forgetting!, American) combined with Charlotte, NC hub (which has kept me numerous times before in that former incarnation of US Air), performed as expected in that it did not perform!

After this dismal showing and the debacle that is "customer service" telling my wife and I that we would need to stay overnight in a flea-infested Quality Inn and depart at 1p- THE NEXT DAY- we decided to rent a car and drive the remainder of the trip home. After chatting this morning, I must wait until tomorrow morning to even attempt a refund.

So, more to come. I advise all to never use US Air/American Airlines.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
american-laugh or cry?