Reservations
COMPLAINT: Spirit Airlines

Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:09 PM
ebnnj2004 ebnnj2004 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007

I purchased a ticket on spirit through aol travel. When I attempted to pick a seat, I was locked out of the process by Spirit. They said, since I purchased through a "travel agent" i would not be allowed to choose a seat in advance. I would have to go to the airport. The customer service center is located in Manilla, The Philipines. They suggested I go to the airport in advance and choose a seat. I had over two weeks before my flight but I was so concerned that I might get stuck in a middle seat. I went to the airport only to be told that I couldn't get a seat assignment until the day of the flight. Now I'm totally frustrated. I decided to cancel this flight and re-book through the website. Now I'm told that there would be a 70 dollar change fee, even though it would be the exact same itinerary. So i changed my plans completly. Pay for a new flight. Customer service tells me I had to accept a voucher for my original flight. I understand that there is a no refund policy and I pay seperately for my new flight and bank the voucher for future travel. Now I'm attempting to use the voucher and they want a 70 dollar voucher usage fee!!!! That's the same 70 dollars I didn't want to pay to change my original flight. No where on the website does it say that there is a 70 fee associated with the voucher system. It only says taxes and "fee". Somebody should file a class action suit against them. I wish I knew how. Anyway, beware of low super low fares with Spirit. You"ll pay plenty with blood, sweat and tears !!!!

Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:40 PM
pansy green pansy green is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

And it ends up not being quite as cheap as it had seemed. I lost my rewards miles in one fell swoop since they said they changed credit card carriers. This company should be put out of business.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:02 PM

They are like travelling on a bus... why anyone uses them except students and backpackers I will never know... not worth the hassle.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
mpt mpt is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

A few weeks ago i flew Spirit Air from Atlantic City to West Palm Beach> i had booked my flights online and i'm very careful about checking the info i enter. When i arrived at the airport to check in for my flight i was very surprised when they told me my flight was booked for the next week. Obviously i wasn't staying for another week so i had to pay to have it re-booked for that day. They charged me $193 for 5 minutes of work (and the flight was not full). On their website it says that they charge $115 to re-book online and $125 if re-booked at the gate. After numerous emails and a conversation with Spirit when i got home, i gave up on trying to figure out any of this and just accepted it. Needless to say, i won't fly Spirit again. My question is... Has anyone else experienced a situation like this with Spirit. I'm wondering if this isn't a scam to get additional revenue.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:53 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

Do you have your email or a print out that shows proof that you actually booked the correct date and not the next week? If not, your probably screwed.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:36 PM
macro123 macro123 is offline

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore

Thank u for a suggestion..singapore tourism is very good travel agency's in the world...All travel agencies are good work..

travel agent singapore

Check-in / Boarding Spirit Airlines jackie101 Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 28, 2008 4:45 PM
Customer Service Spirit Airlines ivan Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 20, 2007 1:38 AM