In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Angry Rude staff on board, shocked!!!!!

Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:47 PM

Join Date: Dec 2010

Rude staff on board, shocked!!!!!
I wanted to express my most outrageous feelings and experience on your new flight A380 at 1.30 on Friday 19th November from Paris, returning to NY

I was trying to return from Paris to New york after extending my trip because of the disparition of my handicapped aunt who is still missing. I had to go through hassle (had to talk to more than 10 staff to get my ticket change for that day).

I get to the airport, I was lucky enough this only time, to get a staff helping me getting a great seat where no one else was sitting near me so that I can finally get some rest and get three seats to myself since the plane was far from full. it was the big A380

However, when I got in the plane it was the continuation of a nightmare. The stewardness looked at me laying down and made an unhappı face, I did not feel at ease..then she came back and noted my seat number, then she came back to me said : just so you know, we waiting for 7 more passagers" as if she did not feel comfortable that I was that comfortable! This never happened to me (well they never made it we got delayed taking their bags out) . Then she came back later on and said :"I'm going to bring a man to seat here" without asking and keeping on the harassment treatment.
Later on. The man in question changed his mind noticing my unhappiness and the purser charles-jean massoni came to me and I explained why I felt uneasy about her request and I did not feel treated appropriately and he said" well go to bed you need it"
how insulting!!!!!!

But unfortunately this is not over, while I fell asleep watching a movie after lunch he and his staff woke me up and told me some tvs did not work so they will seat two people, again!!!! I told them this was not nice to wake me up maybe they could seat one on the aisle and the other somewhere else, there are many free seats everywhere. He said" they are together, so either you go to theirs with no tv or they will come here, that's that or ill ha ve to tell police when we land how you rebelled since you only paid for one seat!!" All of this was without any yelling on my end but very dry and unconsiderate on theirs. They were many seats available in the back they just focused on me from the moment I lay down on these chairs juste to be spiteful.

It is my worst experience ever and I been travelling for a long time.

I always thought that air france had the best customer service but Charles-Jean Massoni and his team today proved me wrong. I mean on top of what I just went through, I feel like crap I was easily targeted because I may look young and I am a lady, and they hated it!!
So they felt they could abuse me

I am shocked, I am outraged, I am angry and disappointed

Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:48 PM

Claim No.4710865001

Dear Ms. ..........

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about the difficulties you encountered on November 19, 2010. I understand your displeasure and wish to apologize on behalf of Air France that our services did not meet your expectations.

Customer feedback is very important to us as it allows us to improve continually upon the quality of service we offer. As considerable emphasis is placed on the professional handling of all aspects of passenger service, I share your disappointment on this occasion.

Again, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I hope that despite this experience, we will have an opportunity to welcome you on board a future Air France flight or on our website at www.airfrance.com.

Best regards,

Monica Perez
Customer Relations Representative
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:59 PM

Join Date: Oct 2010

What are you complaining about? - you bought one seat, you get one seat!- end of complaint.
I have travelled with my family and sometimes we can get 4 seats for ourselves, but off course we have to accept that the airlines decides this.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:57 PM

Join Date: Dec 2010

You must be working for the airline considering your answer and your 'Frenchglish' right?

...if you read the email and understood English, you would know that I am not complaining about having less seats of course but on the innapropriate approach, harassment and threats I received, considering this was a half empty A380 which means two floors! I am a frequent flyer silver, I have travelled a lot and for me to take the time to come on this site and complai, trust me its not about having more seats.

Thanks

Last edited by frenchiek; Jan 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:16 PM

Originally Posted by frenchiek View Post

Thanks
I can already guess what kind of customer you are... has it occurred to you, that other languages than English and French exists?

You are in no position to question whether the cabin crew should move people on board, have you never heard of load and balance? - and you were been harassed by people using the neighbor seats which you had absolutely no claim at? - ridiculous..
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:57 PM

bilingual...

In another post you brought up the old red herring of safety, when discussing hand luggage limits. It was ridiculous...as the customer was allowed to take on the extra hand luggage after upgrading, so safety was not a factor at all.

In this post, you bring up another hoary old canard. There is no possible way in which passengers would have to be re-distributed on an A380. Do you have any idea of the size of this aircraft? That was not a factor in this case... you can bet your house on it.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:01 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
bilingual...

As i have been working at the gate before my airport position, i can assure you, that these factors off course are important, it makes a huge difference how you balance the passengers in a 747 in terms of fuel consumption and balance and crashes has occurred when the load has been placed wrongly. which storage room in the aircraft you fill with baggage also affect how you seat your passengers in a half empty plane, have you been working at an airport/airline or are you just guessing how things work?

Norwegian for example moves all passengers to the back end of the plane if the plane is half empty.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:18 PM

I am familiar with the loading issues, but there is no way that moving two passengers from one section to another on an Airbus380 would affect the weight and balance or the COG
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:44 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

The OP only saw two passengers (or mentioned two passengers). Could have been more. Passengers also get moved for a variety of reasons from allergies (maybe a cabin traveling pet too close to their original seats) to issues with another passenger. Maybe a seat was broken and they were moved together.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:44 AM

Gromit, we agree about something... run up the flags. There are loads of legitimate reasons why someone would be moved to the seat... my point was that on an Airbus A380, reasonably full, this would not be an issue and was a red herring.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:36 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
I agree 100%, but that the customer only saw two passengers moving to her area, does not mean that other were not moved, it is a huge plane.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:32 PM
macro123 macro123 is offline

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore

I agree this form..It is very good

In-flight Issue Rude staff, taking my business elsewhere zoe United Airlines Complaints 4 Jan 9, 2014 3:44 PM
In-flight Issue Rude staff on board, shocked!!!!! frenchiek American Airlines Complaints 8 Jan 1, 2011 3:40 PM
Suggestion Rude, mean staff at JFK tomchgo Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Aug 28, 2009 12:31 AM
Check-in / Boarding Rude staff self check in chersmi American Airlines Complaints 3 Nov 17, 2008 6:37 PM
Customer Service Rude gate staff in Dallas dcapps American Airlines Complaints 1 Oct 12, 2007 7:09 PM