Suggestion
COMPLAINT: air france is not part of the real sky miles team"

Old May 18, 2009, 4:34 PM

We Used Air France In The End Of March.we Were Very Very Disappointed To Find Out No Delta Miles Were Added Because We Were Told We Booked In The "a,b,e,g,l,n,o,r,u,w,or X Class Of Service.
A Word Of Caution To All:
Make Sure Before You Book A Seat On Air France You Contact Delta Sky Miles At 1800-323-2323. So They Can Check The Fair Rules And Class Of Service For You....

Caution To All Air France Fliers:
Air France Will Switch Your Reserved Seating Slot Without Notifying You. Make Sure You Check Your Boarding Pass At Check In.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 18, 2009, 6:03 PM
Banned

The title of your post is completely false. Delta and Air France are both SkyTeam alliance members/partners and codeshare partners. There are, as you have pointed out, limitations placed by Delta on which Air France classes of fares earn full mileage credit...

Originally Posted by 52swiss View Post
We Used Air France In The End Of March.we Were Very Very Disappointed To Find Out No Delta Miles Were Added Because We Were Told We Booked In The "a,b,e,g,l,n,o,r,u,w,or X Class Of Service.
A Word Of Caution To All:
Make Sure Before You Book A Seat On Air France You Contact Delta Sky Miles At 1800-323-2323. So They Can Check The Fair Rules And Class Of Service For You....
No need to call as it is disclosed on Delta's website:

Quote:
Air France:
Mileage may be earned on Air France-coded flights operated by Air France or any SkyTeam partner. Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in A, L, N, O, G, or X class, for Air France travel via boat/ferry service, Part Dieu Railway Service, or for flights to/from Havana, Cuba.
Old May 18, 2009, 6:22 PM

it is not an easy way to go trough this maze of restrictions....when we use delta we are very clearly told if we get the sky miles added or not..air france does not tell you in advance...it should be 100% compatible that wouild be a true delta sky miles partner
Old May 18, 2009, 6:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 52swiss View Post
it is not an easy way to go trough this maze of restrictions....when we use delta we are very clearly told if we get the sky miles added or not..air france does not tell you in advance...it should be 100% compatible that wouild be a true delta sky miles partner
I realize it isn't easy and doesn't seem fair, but restrictions for earning miles on certain fares have been a part of the "mileage game" for years now.

Currently, and until October when Continental leaves SkyTeam, Delta and Continental are partners yet if I purchase a domestic Delta fare in either L, U or T class I only earn 50% credit in Continental's OnePass. It's mainly to drive my choice to Continental if I want to earn 100% miles since most of Delta's fares that earn 100% are higher than Continentals bargain fares on the same routes. Additionally Continental only awards 100% credit if you buy those bargain fares on Continental.com!

If earning miles is important to you then you really need to educate yourself on "how to play the game" and know where to look up all of the various terms and conditions.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:13 AM

Sorry, for Air France but I think the chances for improvement are zero. The basics are not there. An airline is a service rendering organization. If you contact an Air France office you get an automaton on the phone! E-mails are not answered! So if the basic principles of how to deal with your passengers are not understood, you cannot improve!! My advice is only to fly Air France if no other airline is available and swimming and rowing are not possible!!