COMPLAINT: Stuck for two days in Atlanta because of AirFrance

Old May 20, 2017, 11:29 AM
pradeu pradeu is offline

Join Date: May 2017

Because of AirFrance, I was stuck for two days at Atlanta airport on April 6-8, 2017. I could not even reach my final destination, Pittsburgh.
Because of the storms two days earlier, all air traffic was stopped. AirFrance knew it when they let me take my flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Atlanta on April 6, but they said nothing.
I arrived in Atlanta, and it was an incredible mess. I experienced many difficulties finding a hotel, which I had to pay myself.
I contacted AirFrance on April 9, immediately when I returned. After six weeks now, I heard absolutely nothing from them. This is a disastrous service, and it seems that for them their customers (even frequent flyers like me) count for nothing. Given this very bad service, I recommend to avoid AirFrance as much as possible.

Old May 24, 2017, 5:54 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by pradeu View Post
Atlanta to Pittsburgh would have been operated by Delta, an Air France code share, Sky Team Alliance member. During the time there was some weather moving through so Delta is not obligated to put you into a hotel. You could have checked the weather channel before leaving France, and based on what was moving through re-arranged your travels.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stuck in Toronto for 3 days because of missed connecting flight boz Air Canada Complaints 0 Jan 4, 2015 4:17 PM
Check-in / Boarding Complaint: Airfrance Help Desk Gave me Wrong Information amattahcj Air France Complaints 0 Jul 27, 2014 2:55 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stuck in PHX for four days Amith Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 4 Jan 16, 2012 8:13 PM
Customer Service Everything about Delta and Airfrance sucks Sailfish Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Jan 15, 2012 10:13 PM
Customer Service KLM - FlyingBlue Partner of AirFrance Udo Leisten Air France Complaints 0 Sep 26, 2011 3:54 PM