Customer Service
COMPLAINT: shocking service/ lost baggage/ missed flights

Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:25 PM

My daughter is currently on a school cultural tour to Europe. what was suppossed to be a trip of a life time is turning into our and her worst nightmare!
For NO apparent reason their flight leaving Johannesburg was delayed. this meant they missed their connecting flight to Greece. They were then put on a plane to Bulgaria and arrived in Athens 24hrs later!. In the process ALL their luggage has gone missing!.
They cannot be reached as their cell fone batteries have gone flat, they have missed aspects of their tour becasue they trying to locate their clothes!
NO ONE CARES !.I have spent a fortune trying to resolve the problem from Home. Air France is doing NOTHING to assist anyone. they are spending valuable Euros on necessesities!
Its disgusting how an entire tour group of CHILDREN is being treated .

Last edited by kosterl; Jun 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:04 AM

I feel so sorry for you... Has your daughter found her luggage?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 3:06 PM

This happened to me when I flew with them last year. My flight was delayed and I missed my connection, they lost my luggage in the process. I was without luggage for 3 days and my London portion of my trip was ruined.

What bothered me is how difficult it is to contact anyone. All complaints have to be sent throught their website (big flag, they don't want to talk to customers)

I had to call THEM, about my luggage, and the number they give you wasn't helpful at all either. They can only read what's in the computer. if I hadn't I would have NEVER received my luggage. The courier service they used was rude and horrible as well.

After I returned I expected them to offer some compensation for ruining part of my trip. NADA! They just reimbursed my toiletries and some clothes.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:11 PM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

I got everything up until, "inches". Maybe a paragraph break once in awhile would make a difference. By the way, well said.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by lyric711 View Post
What bothered me is how difficult it is to contact anyone. All complaints have to be sent throught their website (big flag, they don't want to talk to customers)

I had to call THEM, about my luggage, and the number they give you wasn't helpful at all either. They can only read what's in the computer. if I hadn't I would have NEVER received my luggage.
AFAIK and based on personal experience, in Europe, both AF's Customer Care and Lost Baggage departments can be reached by telephone. The relevant numbers are conveniently listed on their website in the ''contact us'' section.
I am also not sure what more than providing information stored on their computer an agent who sits in an office in East Europe could do to trace a baggage reported missing in London...
Finally, I am a bit confused. Initial statement '' All complaints have to be sent throught their website'' immediately followed in the next paragraph by ''I had to call THEM''...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:41 AM

Lostinlondon:

You have to file COMPLAINTS through the website. Have you ever tried to file a complaint through the numbers "conveniently listed on the website"? Probably not because you would know that they do not accept complaints if you try to call, they will direct you to the website. In, addition, I tried to file a complaint at the ticket desk, they will direct you to the website as well or hand you a booklet to fill out to be mailed.

As far as the lost baggage number, yes they can be reached via telephone which is what I meant when I said "I had to call THEM". I had to call them to get my luggage. Do you now See the difference?...File a Complaint VS Retrieve My Luggage.

You clearly have no idea what customer service is (You must work for the airline). There are plenty of things that could have been done.
1. They could have called me to update me on my luggage and to let me know when to expect it(They do it in the States)
2. Since they can not track the luggage once given to the courier,They could have called the courier to get an accurate arrival time to expect my luggage.
3. Or, They could have given me the courier number so that I could follow up.
4. They could hold their couriers more accountable for their deliveries. I was without luggage for almost 3 days because the courier did not give an accurate time for delivery.