COMPLAINT: Belligerent American Airline Curbside Employee

Dee Joy Dee Joy is offline

Join Date: Nov 2008

Date of Occurrence: November 9, 2008
Place of Occurrence: American Airlines – Miami Airport

On returning home from a fantastic business trip, I encountered an obnoxious, belligerent “Curbside employee” at American Airlines in Miami. After a long business week, the trip had taken it toll on me physically. By the time I reach American Airlines in Miami, and carrying my heavy luggage, I was feeling really bad with a sore throat, and minor chest pains.

Arriving at the curbside check-in, I could not tell where the line began or ended. I
went to the side of a check-in employee, named DIJOUR FRANDEAU. I was
waiting until he finished with a customer so I could ask him a question. All of
sudden he turned toward me and starting ranting and raging like a mad dog forming
at the mouth.

He stuck his finger in my face and shouted, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!
YOU ARE NOT SUSPOSED TO BE ON THIS SIDE! MY BOSS IS WALKING THROUGH HERE!
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! GET OUT OF HERE!

At this point I was in shock and felt threaten. I looked at his waist to see if
he was carrying a gun. My mind was racing thinking he was about to physically
harm me. I was temporarily frozen with shock. Because I did not move
quickly, he continues to yell at me pointing his finger violently in my face.

Finally, I said in a NON-confrontational tone, “I’m sorry I did not know where
the line begins or ends,” and walked away from him as fast as I could go. By then
the pain in my chest got worst and I was scare I was having a heart attack.

I glance back and, Mr. DIJOUR FRANDEAU, walk a little way after me still shouting
loud with his hand waving in the air and shouted, ANY FOOL WITH COMMON SENSE CAN TELL WHERE THE LINE BEGINS!

I was frighten and humiliated in front of other passengers.

I started crying and composed myself as much as I could and went to another
Check-in employee to check my luggage and get my boarding pass so that I could catch my flight.
If I had more time I wanted to find Mr. Dijour Frandeau’s boss so that I could inform him of this barbaric man behavior.

And yes, I was fortunate to get his name while being waited on by another check-in employee, Mr. Dijour Frandeau, walked over
to that employee to talk to him about something and that’s when I looked at his ID with his name on it and secretly wrote it down.

Check-in / Boarding Treated with hostility at curbside check-in michellew United Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 26, 2012 8:24 PM
Customer Service Albany, NY, Christopher S., Employee #297920 Eelorac Customer Service 0 Jul 26, 2008 11:55 PM
Customer Service Misinformation for airline employee Allison Westberg Customer Service 0 Jul 16, 2008 6:39 PM
Customer Service yes your employee treated me bad noona American Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 18, 2008 3:18 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked No consideration for special needs, employee incompetence ryoung United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:09 AM