COMPLAINT: Clothing Giveaway

Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:40 AM
jengle jengle is offline

Join Date: Dec 2017

My partner and I flew from Barcelona to London Gatwick on September 23, 2018, flight KIB3TR, seats 2E and 2F. I left my seat to settle my partner in a wheelchair provided by airport travel assistance., but left my jacket. When I returned immediately to the plane to pick up my jacket, the stewardess told me she had given it to the wheelchair assistant. I came back with the assistant who said she never had given him anything. The stewardess then changed her story, saying that she had given it to another passenger whom she could only describe as "Spanish." I submitted a claim to Vueling for the cost of the jacket replacement (90 GPB) and kept getting messages related to lost checked baggage - which was not the situation. I finally wrote to the director of customer service (and president of the company!) stating that I expected compensation for the negligent action of one of their employees. I finally received a response (December 8) that Vueling cannot be responsible for the actions of passengers. There was no acknowledgement of the culpability of the Vueling stewardess which resulted in my loss. Some customer service!

The 'great airline ticket giveaway' that just won't go away A320FAN General Discussion 1 Jun 28, 2012 1:17 AM