In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Mid air flight path very low crossover entering TXL

Old May 29, 2016, 1:51 PM

I am.only writing this as another complaint for the same type of mid air near miss with this airline is recorded on here in July 2014..

On 12 May 2016 i was travelling on flight VY1884 Departure 17:30 Barcelona BCN to Berlin TXL and about 30 mins prior to landing we were flying just above the fluffy low cloud level (ft ? Not sure). As i was watching the effect of the plane just skating on the cloud surface from directly under the plane at 90 degrees was another passenger plane (maybe 500 ft lower - this should.be verified with flight data i imagine) and we seemed to be so close above it that i was in a mild panic. Then to make it worse the pilot took the plane up to what seemed like maximum trans atlantic altitude for ten minutes before arriving on time to Berlin with me feeling 10 years older.

Perhaps someone could check this flight data and confirm? I have nothing to gain as i live in Australia and am not flying to Europe for a while.

I was not going to report this but when i saw another passenger experinced this in 2014 July (see complaint history) i feel u better report this rather than ignore the potiential need for pilot coaching. if this happened in Australia there would be full investigations in my humble opinion..will i fly with them again? Hmm
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by anthonycoorey; May 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook